The Little Bride's Grand Prize Winning Cowtown Enchiladas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Tell ya I've ate a lot of Enchiladas in a lot of different locations in my day. These are without a doubt the best I ever had.

bigwheel

1 lb. Ground chuck
1 med sized onyawn chopped
1/2 lb Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
1/2 lb Velvetter Cheese Shredded (or cut into 3/8" strips if you like)
1 10 oz can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (Hot or mild. She used hot.)
1 package McCormick Enchilada Sauce (prepared per package directions)
1/2 small can Wolf Brand Hot Dawg Sauce
1 dozen Mission Brand Corn Taurpolians

Combine Hot Dawg and Enchilada sauces in large sauce pan on low heat. Brown the meat in a skillet with a little peanut oil (seasoned with a little salt and peppa) drain meat and add to the sauces, keep warm on low heat. Sautee onyawn and keep separated from meat. Heat corn torts on ungreased griddle or skillet a min or two on each side just to soften them up. Use tongs to handle so they don't tear. Fill each heated tort with both cheeses and onyawns using about 1 T. of each. Place filled torts seam side down in casserole dish(s) leaving a little room between each. Took one 13x9 and one 11x7 casserole dishes for the batch she made. Cover with the meat sauce making sure each tort has some sauce on it. Top with any leftover cheese. Bake in 350 oven till the cheese is melted and things start to bubble. Serve with spanish rice and pinto beans. Pace Picante sauce and raw onyawn on the side.

Submitted by,
Brenda Wheeler..aka..the warden. Aka..the Little Bride.

Re: The Little Bride's Grand Prize Winning Cowtown Enchilada

bigwheel said:
Tell ya I've ate a lot of Enchiladas in a lot of different locations in my day. These are without a doubt the best I ever had.

bigwheel

1 lb. Ground chuck
1 med sized onyawn chopped
1/2 lb Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
1/2 lb Velvetter Cheese Shredded (or cut into 3/8" strips if you like)
1 10 oz can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (Hot or mild. She used hot.)
1 package McCormick Enchilada Sauce (prepared per package directions)
1/2 small can Wolf Brand Hot Dawg Sauce
1 dozen Mission Brand Corn Taurpolians

Combine Hot Dawg and Enchilada sauces in large sauce pan on low heat. Brown the meat in a skillet with a little peanut oil (seasoned with a little salt and peppa) drain meat and add to the sauces, keep warm on low heat. Sautee onyawn and keep separated from meat. Heat corn torts on ungreased griddle or skillet a min or two on each side just to soften them up. Use tongs to handle so they don't tear. Fill each heated tort with both cheeses and onyawns using about 1 T. of each. Place filled torts seam side down in casserole dish(s) leaving a little room between each. Took one 13x9 and one 11x7 casserole dishes for the batch she made. Cover with the meat sauce making sure each tort has some sauce on it. Top with any leftover cheese. Bake in 350 oven till the cheese is melted and things start to bubble. Serve with spanish rice and pinto beans. Pace Picante sauce and raw onyawn on the side.

Submitted by,
Brenda Wheeler..aka..the warden. Aka..the Little Bride.

BW? PACE? That stuff is from New York City! You might get kicked outta Texas for that. :LOL: :LOL:

Arrrrah arrrah...I think it printed on the jug in made in San Antone. If that aint right I aint buying it any more. Warden changed up her recipe a bit when she made the batch night before last. She combined the meat and sauce and filled the torts up with it then spooned the remaining sauce over the rolled up taurpolians. I was prepared not to like it but actually think it had a mo betta flavor than it normally do. I only ate 5 of em with the accompanying rice and beans. I normally dont eat that many. Usually 3 or 4 is plenty.

bigwheel

BW, don't worry about it...that Pace Picante is pretty good stuff, no matter where it's made, you can still live in Texas. :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
BW, don't worry about it...that Pace Picante is pretty good stuff, no matter where it's made, you can still live in Texas. :LOL: :LOL:

Really Bruce? I cant stand the stuff, however we usually have a bottle on hand. We use to (dare i say this) do crockpot chicken breasts with a bottle of pace and add some water. Made pretty good tacos.

Back
Top Bottom