need marinade recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Legg's is a legendary company with a stellar reputation. Mostly noted for their sausage seasonings which strange as it may seem there is quite a few folks who use it or at least incorporate it into their brisket rub. Not sure whether I have seen their BBQ Rub or not but would nearly betcha it purty good. For chicken and pork I don't think a person can beat a marinate based on Eyetalian dressing. Try this one on the chicken:

Bigwheel's Grand Prize Winning Secret Chicken Marinate

1 small jug of Kraft 7 Seas Viva Eyetalian Dressing (no subbing plz)
1/2 cup Kikkomann Soy Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Lea n Perrins Wooster Sauce
2 T. of your favorite bbq rub which do not contain any meat tenderizers

(Head Country All Purpose is my favorite for chicken. If you put any rub in there that contain tenderizers aka Papain..it will cuz the skin to bust when you try to cook it. Now if you feeding yankee inlaws and stuff like that where you don't care if the skin busts try some Adam's Beef Fajita Rub on your chicken. Mighty good flavor but ghuranteed to bust the skin)

Rub up under the skin well and soak split chickens 8 hrs. Recipe above will do one chicken. How long for pieces I aint sure cuz I don't stoop so low as to to cook pieces of daid chickens..but suspect 4-6 hrs. be enough for most parts. Parts is parts huh?

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom