Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Div

Senior Cook
this stems from this original post and recipie

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

First time with this recipie so what I think need to be done is something to thickin the sauce a bit and the 1 T of salt I think needs to be reduced to 1 teaspoon of salt ... came out much much to salty ...but overall nice and tasty in the pasta and the next day meatball subs !!

balls1.jpg

balls2.jpg

balls3.jpg

balls4.jpg

Well I cant hardly see how 1 T of salt be too much. 1.5 t. per pound of meat is the way I was taught for any kinda sausage type deal. Two lbs of meat adds up to 1 T. Dont make me come up there.

bigwheel

lol Ill send ya one of the meatballs ... for some reason the salt factor was out of control lol ... but for next time its easier to add then it is to take away so we will go with the same recipie cause it was good just less the salt a bit...and if u dare come up here boy you bess be ready to eat til ur button snaps !! 8)

I used to make meatballs regularly in the over to go in a home-made red sauce (spaghetti...sigh). I am not sure if you are looking for something like this, but this was what we used:

2.5lb ground beef or (preferrably) veal
2.5lb jimmy dean mild sausage
italian bread crumbs-until it made a 4 inch pile in the mixing bowl
blackening seasoning (slight amount)(it was very light on salt)
garlic powder
onion powder
salt
black pepper
italian seasoning
egg to bind(6 or more usually)

as always with my older recipes:
worchestershire
lemon juice
hot sauce

cooked in the over until the grease started spilling over the side of the pan or until we couldnt stand the wait anymore. temp was like 350

i know, i know...no pictures and a new guy recipe

Well sure feel bad about overdosing you with salt Diva. I always use 1.5 teaspoons per pound of meat for making sausage and when trying to reconstruct this recipe from my faulty memory banks. Which tell me a Tablespoon of salt for two pounds should be about right. Musta forget about the salt which was already in the Eyetalian sausage. Plust that tomater sauce loaded with salt too I know. I need a hard whuppin. Sorry.

bigwheel

Here i am giving you one of the method for making a meatballs. Take
* Two eggs
* 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
* 1.5 tablespoons fresh basil
* salt
* ground pepper
* Two cups crumbled, stale, whole-grain bread
* Half cup milk
* 2 pounds ground meat
Method ::
# For this recipe, set your temperature preheat oven to 350 while you combine your ingredients in a bowl. Then mix all the things and mix properly by the spoon. Then add the milk about 1/4 cup at a time and blend in the bread crumbs. But don't forget that you have still got to roll them into meatballs.

Back
Top Bottom