Kung Pao Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I had this tonight for dinner and it was pretty tastie! Got the recipe from somewhere on the web.

1 pound flank steak
1 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sherry
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame oil
cooked rice

1.Combine chili paste, soy sauce, sherry, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame oil. Place flank steak in a large resealable bag. Pour marinade mixture over top and refrigerate for one to eight hours.

2.Remove flank steak from marinade and set aside.

3.Pour marinade into a sauce pan. Add chicken broth and cornstarch. Bring to a boil then simmer until it thickens.

4.Preheat grill.

5.Cut bell pepper in half and remove stems, seeds and membranes. Brush with olive oil.

6.Grill flank steak to your liking, no more than medium.

7. Grill pepper halves over medium heat for about 1 to 2 minutes per side or until browned.

8.Remove steak and bell pepper from grill. Allow steak to rest for five mintes. Carve against the grain into thin strips. Cut bell pepper into thin strips.

9.Place a portion of rice on a plate. Top with 1/4 of the flank steak and 1/4 of the pepper. Spoon sauce over top and serve

Hey now that looks good. Heard a prson can buy it at the local chinese ricery place for a vewy good price soldier. Classic situation of it mo betta to hire it done. Sorta like smoked turky legs. We love ya bro Merry Christmas.

bigwheel

Nick that recipe is right on time! I had food poisoning (I think from a local Chinese place), so I may be making my own for now on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom