Scottys Twinkie Tiramisu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Was looking for this toady, and I finally found it. Scotty, I hope you don't mind I'm posting it here so it's easier to find when I decide to make it.

8 cream-filled sponge cakes (recommended: Twinkies)
1 cup espresso or strong coffee, unsweetened
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 (8 3/4-ounce) packages mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
Yellow food coloring
10 vanilla wafers

Cut the sponge cakes in half lengthwise and fit the bottom halves into a 7 by 11-inch pan. Drizzle half the coffee over them.

Whip the cream to soft peaks and sweeten it with the sugar. Whisk the mascarpone cheese a bit to loosen it and fold in the whipped cream. Pour half of this mixture over the sponge cakes and spread it out evenly. Make another layer with the tops of the sponge cakes and drizzle them with the remaining coffee. Mix about 10 drops of food coloring into the remaining cream mixture, enough to make it the same yellow color as the sponge cakes. Spread this evenly over the sponge cakes. Coarsely crush the vanilla wafers and scatter them over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

The Twinkie site has a few good recipes similar to this. I'll go get my fave one and bring it here in a bit. it's for version of Straweberry shortcake Ala Twinkie but I think it's called strawberry Twinkie Fantasy.

I'm thinking of making up a similar recipe but using peaches and peach sugar-free Jello since Peach is always nice this time of year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom