Happy hour snacks ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Throwing a little happy hour tommorow night for some of my buds...Beer, clams, abt's, chicken/bacon skewers...any other ideas for snack type food..?

John is that not enough? Good lord, can I come?

Go to the supermarket with the best selection and see if they have watermelon rind pickles. If so, buy em and wrap them in prosciutto.
Bake till the pros is just crisp. Serve.

Simplest, most amazing app you'll ever find. People will talk about them forever.

Hot Virginia Dip
catagory:appetizers/dips

5 ounces dried beef, rinsed and patted dry and minced
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup sour cream
4 teaspoons onion, minced

Mix all ingredients and place in a casserole dish or hollowed out round of bread. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with bread bits or crackers.

You can also replace the beef with pulled pork (but use more).
And add bacon and japs for ABTs in a dish.

Captain Morgan said:

Go to the supermarket with the best selection and see if they have watermelon rind pickles. If so, buy em and wrap them in prosciutto.

Simplest, most amazing app you'll ever find. People will talk about them forever.

Cappy you gotta website for the rind pickles? I haven't had those things in a very long time!! Man are they good!

nah they're hard to find even here in the watermelon land! Bi Lo here does carry em in the specialty section, but there's a couple of country stands where I get em.

Captain Morgan said:

You can never have enough food ! I think Ill add nachos and chidken wings for those who dont like clams....

went with clams, abt's and some chips and of course plenty of beer. Had plans for making the chicken skewer things, but or course...one thing leads to another.....

Back
Top Bottom