Football season almost here......favorite tailgate recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PantherTailgater

Senior Cook
What we have available is a Weber Charcoal Grill To Go, a camp stove and a Coleman gas tailgating grill. We have a small group of people.

Care to share some of your best tailgating recipies???

Burnt Food Dude said:
Get an aluminum pan, fill about half way with beer, add sliced onions, some brats and a few drops of hot sauce (more to taste). Bring to boil for a few minutes (or simmer for about half an hour).Grill brats then replace in beer and put on cool side of grill. Brats will be kept warm until ready to eat.

Make some aliminum foil packets of brats, sourkraut and some beer. Place on grill. You can add whatever seasonings you want to the packet. Depending on how I feel and what bizaar taste I have at the time... I might add little chunks of cheese to the packet.

Always a favorite, a pot of hot dogs & beans? =D> =D>

Of course, ABTs are always nice. Or set your grill up for smoking and do a fatty.

The brats and beer sounds good. We ususally try to grill brats a couple of times at least during the season. I like the sound of those methods.

I've never tried a fatty before. The one that someone posted pics of last week looked VERY interesting.

Thanks for the suggestions.

wittdog said:
Fattys are awsome....I like to start my Tailgating experience with some Bloody Marys

Wow, if I started off with a Bloody Mary's, my tailgating buddies would have to cart me to the stadium by game time! :grin: I get "happy" enough just drinking beer!

I've searched the internet and can't find any recipes for fatties. Anyone have a basic recipe with which I can start??

Take a hunk of Bob Evens breakfast sausage, unwrap it, put it on the smoker !...lol..when it reaches around 160ish, pull it off, slice it and watch it disappear..

You might want to try rolling it in some rub, or stuffing it with cheese..Im sure many will chime in with ideas or do a search here....

For the fattie, I do like to roll it in rub first. Then I slice and serve it
with crackers and cheese. Great app, and very easy to do.

also, a bowl of Cowboy Caviar with some chips for dipping is great for
the hot weather games, and can be made ahead of time.. Also, if you're wanting to impress, I'd reccomend Finney's Fire Roasted Gazpacho
recipe here on the board, a first place winner in anything butt.

I searched the site and see that fatties and ABT's come in lots of different varieties and with different stuffings. I like that.

Looks like it's time to experiment this weekend! =D>

I'll have my camera ready in case the girls start shedding! [-X :grin:

I tried my luck with Nick’s version of the fatty yesterday. I thought it turned out looking pretty nice but I’m not sure how well I did with preparing it. My wife liked the flavor a lot but thought that the rub may have made the taste a little too strong for her palate. I’m not sure whether it was the rub or whether the sweet Italian sausage may have been a little stronger than she liked.

I’m going to try some ABT’s today on my tailgating grill along with the brat recipes. I’m in Tailgating Training Camp from now until the NFL season starts.

Brat hot tub.grill brats, put into a foil pan with beer, sweet onions, and butter.....now that will pop some tops :grin:

PantherTailgater said:
I’m going to try some ABT’s today on my tailgating grill along with the brat recipes. I’m in Tailgating Training Camp from now until the NFL season starts.

HALL OF FAME GAME
Sunday, Aug. 6
Oakland vs. Philadelphia (Canton, Ohio) 8:00 p.m. (NBC)

I know, it's pre-season but HEY! It's American Football !! =D> =D>

One of my favorite is Brats browned then finished in a heavy dark beer, grilled onions and butter bath and then served in kaiser rolls. Could eat them all day!!

BigGQ said:
One of my favorite is Brats browned then finished in a heavy dark beer, grilled onions and butter bath and then served in kaiser rolls. Could eat them all day!!
Dark beer, :-k hmmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom