WSM for $179

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
I don't see any smoke coming out!!!

Gotta wait till the weekend so I can read all of the threads about how to use this new precision instrument properly! (It's absolutely necessary I convince my wife this new purchase was warranted with the best butts she's ever tasted! :LOL: )

As an aside....I'm a little surprised that the water pan (sand for me) is so shallow................

I use a brinkman charcoal pan in my wsm's to hold water. I find that mine runs too hot with sand. It is much deeper.

Diva Q said:
I use a brinkman charcoal pan in my wsm's to hold water. I find that mine runs too hot with sand. It is much deeper.

the sand is a little different since it holds the temp longer, might want to just try closing down the vents a little earlier than you are used to with water.

Curtis,

I think you are right about the vents however I should have stated that sand with the combo of Basques hardwood lump (which runs hot) is not a good combo for me.

Just my .02 but how much sand was in the pan..you only need a little to act as a heat sink..about 1/3 of the weber pan...

Back
Top Bottom