Wolfe Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Did some wolfe wings last night. Wife didn't want the smoked turkey so I did some wings. Turned out great.

Rubbed Liberally with Wolfe Rub

Official Wolfe Rub Spokesperson

notice how empty the bottle looks, hope the new supply arrives soon!

Ready for the grill, used Royal Oak briquettes and a hunk of cherry wood
indirect for 25 minutes

Prepped the baste of 1/4 cup rev marv's original and 1/4 cup honey

Ready for the baste...10 min baste/flip, 10 min baste/flip

Just before I pulled em off the grill, I put the wings direct over the coals for about 5 min a side, crisp em up a bit. Served with a rotini pasta salad and a cucumber dill salad

My wife is finally coming to the realization that I must photograph my food to post.

Anyway final thoughts would be excellent. Great overall flavor, not too sweet at all and the spice of the wolfe rub and the rev's sauce really came through. Next time when I pull them I might put them under the broiler to crisp up more of the skin....any suggestions??

I think Wolfe Wings are the best...I'd ran out of the rub, but found a bottle hidden over the weekend. Doing some up this week.

I am officially hungry now. Looks great!

They do look great. Careful about posting that WR name around. Sence he won Peoples Choice in M'ville he has a roalty issue :!: .

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Anyway final thoughts would be excellent. Great overall flavor, not too sweet at all and the spice of the wolfe rub and the rev's sauce really came through. Next time when I pull them I might put them under the broiler to crisp up more of the skin....any suggestions??

Broiler is just an upside down grill. Why not just leave them direct a little longer? Or crank up the fire a little more when you go direct.

Finney said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:

Broiler is just an upside down grill. Why not just leave them direct a little longer? Or crank up the fire a little more when you go direct.

My coals were runnin down, I might add more coals next time....

Great looking wings!! Try to keep your temp at least at 300 while grilling the wings indirect, 350 is better and will give you a crispier skin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom