Wolfe rub part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BayouChilehead

Senior Cook
I decided to grill some pork fingers with the Wolfe rub original. This time I put a more liberal amount of rub and they were great. This was just to get a better taste on something simple and everyone liked the flavor. The wind was blowing so hard I had to monitor the grill too much, hence only 2 pics.

Fingers with rub on

Done

Captain Morgan said:
that looks good, I've never tried that. Can you give some
cooking details?

This one is easy. First you get the grill hotter than you would on a normal day, put the meat on and watch as the flames come up and threaten to burn the meat. Then put the meat on the cool side of the grill (which is not much cooler because the dummy put too many coals on due to the amount of "POP" he was drinkin......he being me) :shock: and let them cook there awhile. Then move everything back over to the hot side (A.K.A. the Inferno, because the fat wasn't trimmed off by the dummy mentioned above and it is dripping on the coals making it impossible to manage) to hurry things up. In the process flames are burning the hair of your knuckles, back of hand and other areas while you are trying to check the meat for doness using the poke method (poking the meat to see how much give it has as to how done it is). After all is said and done you get a few pieces of Aloe vera to put on the second degree burns you didn't realize you had until after you started to sober up and it started hurtin and enjoy the meal you prepared on the grilling day from hell.

That is just about how it went. They didn't turn out bad at all. I didn't want the grill marks but couldn't avoid them. I didn't use my thermo probes, just went by the way the felt till I thought they were done, old school. They were quite tender, even they look over cooked and the flavor was great. I will get and try the Reverend Marvins Hot style next. The original was real good but not hot at all. I wonder if this is how Big Wheels hands feel after typing so much :shock:

Nice. You got to come over for a weekend cook. You can crash in my yard. There is a camper and a shop out there so which ever one you make it to first is yours.

I think I know that recipe.

Back
Top Bottom