Wolfe Rub Citrus "sticky Wings"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Tried the new Wolfe Rub Citrus today on some little drummies & on some big drummies.
Sprinkled with the rub and put in fridge for an hour.
Grilled direct over lump for about 20 min. Then finished indirect.
I glazed with a sauce made with OJ (some pulp), brown sugar& honey.
Reduced it on the stove till it was syrupy and basted every 10 min.
The rub is very spicy out of the bag but the spice dissapated as they cooked. There was a slight bit of heat in the finished product.
The aroma coming out of the rub is awesome. I left it sitting sealed in a zip loc bag on the counter and I could still smell it when I walked into the kitchen.
Very nice!!!

The big drums burnt a little(at least the bacon did) They had a bit more kick to them than the little drummies.

Nick Prochilo said:
The glaze sounds interesting. Do you have the proportions that you used?

Puff and I talked about this glaze before we cooked. Not sure his proportions, but I used 2 cups OJ, 1 cup Brown Sugar and 1/2 turb sugar, 1/4 cup honey and about a TBS Cinnamon and reduced 50%.

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks awesome ! There seems to be a pic missing....ya know... that cute little kidlet with the huge smile? :)
She had a mishap the other day :cry:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":t0ua0sk9]The glaze sounds interesting. Do you have the proportions that you used?

Puff and I talked about this glaze before we cooked. Not sure his proportions, but I used 2 cups OJ, 1 cup Brown Sugar and 1/2 turb sugar, 1/4 cup honey and about a TBS Cinnamon and reduced 50%.[/quote:t0ua0sk9]
Damn I forgot the cinnamon!
I really didn't measure just did the taste test.
But it was pretty close to what you said.
A little less on the Brown Sugar, and the Turb.
The sauce as it was cooking reminded me of a sweet & sour sauce.
Kind of like what you get at Hop Sing's restaurant ;)

ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Looks awesome ! There seems to be a pic missing....ya know... that cute little kidlet with the huge smile? :)
She had a mishap the other day :cry:

[smilie=a_damnit.gif] [smilie=a_damnit.gif] [smilie=a_damnit.gif]
I hope she feels better soon!
Thanks bud ;)

Captain Morgan said:
Puff, is your daughter ok?
Yes she's fine, my Wife was taking her to get her pics taken the other day. She had her X mas dress on, dancing around the house. Her hair was all done up perfect. They walked out the door and I hear screaming.
She fell down the steps and busted her lip pretty good. Blood pouring out of her mouth. It broke my damn heart :cry:

Puff said:
Captain Morgan said:
Yes she's fine, my Wife was taking her to get her pics taken the other day. She had her X mas dress on, dancing around the house. Her hair was all done up perfect. They walked out the door and I hear screaming.
She fell down the steps and busted her lip pretty good. Blood pouring out of her mouth. It broke my damn heart :cry:

It really sucks to be a Dad sometimes.... [smilie=a_blue.gif]

ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:
Captain Morgan said:

It really sucks to be a Dad sometimes.... [smilie=a_blue.gif]
They sure bounce back quick though :D

Back
Top Bottom