Winter Grilling??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
nicsoon said:
Gang,
Just joined the Forum "officially" but I have read through a lot of the posts in the last few months. One thing I am wondering about, being from New Brunswick, Canada, is Winter Grilling!?

Any suggestions re: winter Grilling? ie: do I just need more coals? I'm cooking on a OTG, by the way...and I love doing ribs, and chicken for the most part...

Thanks!
Nic

OTG is a great grill. Yep just enough coals to get to the temp you want to be at. A wind break would be a help is your area is prone to wind. Do things that don't take too long so you don't have to be out in the cold any longer than necessary.
and... think about buying a WSM for your low and slow needs.

Finney

I am impressed. You answered the thw question the same way two times in a row in two different threads.

Griff

nicsoon said:
Not that I wanted this thread to become a tangent on slagging someone....

Thanks Finney and Griff.

And Finney - I know ribs take me about 4hrs or so, BUT THEY"RE SO GOOD! I'll take some chills here and there for those beauties any day!
Alot of us Northern boys feel the same way!
You can't just put that smoker and/or grill away when the weather turns crappy! :D

I keep a path snowblown to all my outdoor cooking machines....I'd go into withdrawals without good "Q" for too long.

Of course the neighbors think I'm a bit off, but little do they know...I'M A LOT OFF!....LOL

Smokey_Joe said:
I keep a path snowblown to all my outdoor cooking machines....I'd go into withdrawals without good "Q" for too long.

Of course the neighbors think I'm a bit off, but little do they know...I'M A LOT OFF!....LOL
:LOL:

Yea Winter is when Grilling isnt too damn hot LOL
In Summer I stop, when its in the 120s I dont go out there and cook

To revive things a bit...is there anything you have to think of in terms of your LP tank? Or any other constraints? I live in Ohio and it can get pretty cold there if it is fated to do that (one Xmas Eve it was -25 deg. F) . I want to grill all year long, what do I need to know about winter grilling (beside don't leave the door open too long)? Thanks.

Winter grilling is great, it teaches you not to play with your food on the grill. Run out for a quick flip then back inside. None of the lifting the lid and poking at the food which kills your heat. After grilling year round in Montana and now Minnesota for 20+ years I have never had a problem because of the cold, wind is the worst enemy for grilling. I've never had issues with my LP tanks, other than digging the spare out of the snowbank. Grill away all winter long!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom