Wing it tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
After seeing Larry's wing spread I had to grill some up for myself.
The skin was somewhat rubbery. I guess I need some more lessons. :!:

The taste was good though and there are non left.

They look awesome Cliff !! I can't figure out how to get crisp skin without cooking direct myself. The legs added a nice touch. :(

As far as Im concerened, the only way to cook "wings" is to either bread and deep fry or just deep fry and sauce...either way, they need to be extra crispy !!!

john pen said:
As far as Im concerened, the only way to cook "wings" is to either bread and deep fry or just deep fry and sauce...either way, they need to be extra crispy !!!

YES !

That's the only way I do em.

:happyd: \:D/ :happyd: \:D/ :happyd:

Cliff H. said:
After seeing Larry's wing spread I had to grill some up for myself.

Cliff the wings look fantastic! The skin won't be super crispy because of the sauce, but shouldn't be rubbery like from smoked chicken. I did my wings indirect, but the temp was between 350-400 and the skin was getting crisp. But as soon as you add any type of sauce and continue to cook you're gonna lose the crispiness. Again, those are some beautiful wings!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":3dbrpew7]After seeing Larry's wing spread I had to grill some up for myself.

Cliff the wings look fantastic! The skin won't be super crispy because of the sauce, but shouldn't be rubbery like from smoked chicken. I did my wings indirect, but the temp was between 350-400 and the skin was getting crisp. But as soon as you add any type of sauce and continue to cook you're gonna lose the crispiness. Again, those are some beautiful wings![/quote:3dbrpew7]
I cook mine (Rev's & Honey Wings) at 400* and get crispy skin (with sauce).

Puff said:
Cliff those look great :!:
What kind of sauce did you use?

I used some SBR on about 1/2 of the bunch and Kraft original on the other 1/2. I like the way Kraft "SMILES" :D shines for pics.

I lit a full chimney of Kingsford and left the vents wide open and could not get the dome temp to go over 360 deg.

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":178wltsx]After seeing Larry's wing spread I had to grill some up for myself.

Cliff the wings look fantastic! The skin won't be super crispy because of the sauce, but shouldn't be rubbery like from smoked chicken. I did my wings indirect, but the temp was between 350-400 and the skin was getting crisp. But as soon as you add any type of sauce and continue to cook you're gonna lose the crispiness. Again, those are some beautiful wings!
I cook mine (Rev's & Honey Wings) at 400* and get crispy skin (with sauce).[/quote:178wltsx]

Guess you're just a better cook than me! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":363vm6zl][quote="Cliff H.":363vm6zl]After seeing Larry's wing spread I had to grill some up for myself.

I cook mine (Rev's & Honey Wings) at 400* and get crispy skin (with sauce).[/quote:363vm6zl]

Guess you're just a better cook than me! 8-[[/quote:363vm6zl]
I've heard rumors to that effect. 8-[

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom