Whats everyone cooking for Mothers Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We haven't made plans yet but if my in laws come over I'll probably cook a rib roast and a couple of rotisserie chickens.

Probably some salmon. It's my wife's favorite. Also, I will have to come up with a non-meat dish . . . both of my daughters are vegetarians. However, it will have to be something other than a meatless lasagna. I've done that one to death! :roll:

Smokey Lew said:
Probably some salmon. It's my wife's favorite. Also, I will have to come up with a non-meat dish . . . both of my daughters are vegetarians. However, it will have to be something other than a meatless lasagna. I've done that one to death! :roll:

Lew, here's a couple of really nice spring-like vegetarian dishes:
Stuffed portabella's... Just stuff them with a mixture of fresh spinach (torn or sliced into smaller pieces), toasted pine nuts, fresh oregano, salt/pepper, fresh garlic, sun-dried tomatoes (optional) grated Parmesan and/or asiago, romano cheeses, olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar. Toss all the ingredients together with the oil and vinegar, then stuff into prepared portabellas, and grill.

Red Quinoa and Avocado salad......
Ingredients:
1/3 cup red quinoa
2/3 cup water
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/4 cup diced red onion

2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
Directions:
1. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Spread into a mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cold.
2. Once the quinoa has chilled, gently stir in the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Season with lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Divide the spinach leaves onto salad plates, and top with the quinoa salad. Garnish with the avocado slices to serve.

I've been thinking about making both of those dishes soon :D Just thought I would share...

My daughter is taking me out to Mother's Day Brunch !

(I might do a little something in the smoker or on the grill, too, for myself later :D ;) )

friesian_rain said:
[quote="Smokey Lew":3vby952s]Probably some salmon. It's my wife's favorite. Also, I will have to come up with a non-meat dish . . . both of my daughters are vegetarians. However, it will have to be something other than a meatless lasagna. I've done that one to death! :roll:

Stuffed portabella's...
Just thought I would share...[/quote:3vby952s]

Thanks FR. Those both sound good.

Smokey Lew said:
[quote="friesian_rain":1wfn643p][quote="Smokey Lew":1wfn643p]Probably some salmon. It's my wife's favorite. Also, I will have to come up with a non-meat dish . . . both of my daughters are vegetarians. However, it will have to be something other than a meatless lasagna. I've done that one to death! :roll:

Stuffed portabella's...
Just thought I would share...[/quote:1wfn643p]

Thanks FR. Those both sound good.[/quote:1wfn643p]

You're welcome.....

So far: 2 loaves of Extra-Tangy Sourdough and 2 loaves of Pain Meunier (country bread). The meat will be a butt, shoulder, brisket, or ribs-haven't decided yet.

Kasu-Miso marinated Black Cod & Salmon Grilled
Grilled U/10 Fresh Sea Scallops & U/15 shrimp on skewers with fresh Pineapple and mango
U/15 Shrimp Cocktail
at the beach :D

TimBear said:
Grilled U/10 Fresh Sea Scallops & U/15 shrimp on skewers with fresh Pineapple and mango
U/15 Shrimp Cocktail
I forgot my wife does not eat fish; I better grill her some rack of lamb with a side of sauteed onions & mushrooms! Whewww, I'm glad I remembered that one!!! :shock:

TimBear said:
TimBear said:
U/15 Shrimp Cocktail
I forgot my wife does not eat fish; I better grill her some rack of lamb with a side of sauteed onions & mushrooms! Whewww, I'm glad I remembered that one!!! :shock:

I eat fish !!!!! :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom