What's cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
this time of the year, I figure most of youse guys are grilling, so I'll put it in this section this weekend.

just got back from the farmers market....squash, tomatoes, corn on the cob, cantaloupe.

Gonna throw a ham steak on the grill tonight.

What ya'll eatin??

Smoked salmon on Friday night, turkey burgers with portabella mushrooms last night, and plan to do 3 racks of spares this afternoon! Life is good today!

I was out of town for the weekend, but I'm cooking this coming week and weekend! My grills have been neglected!

With all of this rain, if I cooked outside, it would just be steamed. :roll:

I sure hope Debby will hurry up and leave. Maybe Debby can do Dallas?

BOB

Today's cook was a total experiment...

1.5 pounds pork sirloin steak, marinated for 1 hr in:

1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce, 1/4 cup canola oil, and enough water to bring it up over the meat.

Started the coals (learned from last time, had maybe 1.5 unlit to 1 lit this time, rather than 1:1). While the chimney heated I patted the pork dry, then put on a rub I created out of nowhere today:

1 TBSP Chili Powder, 1.5 tsp Onion powder, 1 tsp cinnamon.

Looked like this before heading out:
[attachment=3:2vhckkpz]IMG_0058[1].JPG[/attachment:2vhckkpz]

Put the first one over direct heat for 2 minutes. When I flipped, I added the 2nd over direct heat as well.
2 more minutes, I moved the first one to indirect, flipped number 2, put number 3 on, etc. (4 total)
[attachment=2:2vhckkpz]IMG_0059[1].JPG[/attachment:2vhckkpz]

Once I had all four indirect, I put the lid on and went a little longer to finish them all off...
[attachment=1:2vhckkpz]IMG_0060[1].JPG[/attachment:2vhckkpz]

And my wife's plate (she did the corn inside).
[attachment=0:2vhckkpz]IMG_0061[1].JPG[/attachment:2vhckkpz]

The whole thing turned out pretty well! I was pleased with the grill marks, and I invented a rub that worked out. It had good flavor without being too spicy for my lady, so I'm happy!

We went camping this weekend and I was planning on cooking some chicken thighs and a tri tip. I never even took out the grill.

Vermin999 said:
We went camping this weekend and I was planning on cooking some chicken thighs and a tri tip. I never even took out the grill.

Just sleep the whole time? Get your grub sack swiped by a bear? Where'd the food go?

Back
Top Bottom