What brand of gas grill to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
perhaps Big GQ will stop by...he's got a very nice Weber and another
high end gasser...can't think of the brand right now, but he likes both
of them alot, and can give you a good comparison.

It all depends on how large a grill you want. The Weber Genesis is hard to beat for the price but is smaller than the Summit. My last grill was a Genesis my current one is a Summit. Both cook equally well. The summit has more capacity and some extra frills. Built in smoker box for chips and pellets is a nice to have but can be duplicated with a cast iron smoker box. The Summit also has an infrared feature for searing which is nice but I don't use it that much. In fact I hardly cook on it at all. I prefer charcoal grills but my wife loves the Summit. In the end I'd have to say go with the Genesis unless you need the larger capacity and those extra built in features. Shop around, there are large price differences out there. Bargains on both can be found on the internet.

summit

I have a summit and am very satisfied with it. My only complaint would be that is very heavy and hard to drag out to the shop when I need to get it off the lanai. Otherwise, a very nice grill

For the heaviest gauge housing Lynx and Twin Eagle can't be matched unless you want to spend $10,000 for a Kalamazoo.

I own a Firemagic because it cost less.

Both the L and TE use the ceramic briquette system but TE incorporates some metal sheets under the briquettes and burners to utilize the lost heat generated from the burners. With the TE you are using both direct heat and radiant heat to cook making it more efficient.

I also like the flat rod cooking surface of the TE and the fact that they put a baffle between each cooking area. That way you can cook on high in one area and low on the one right next to it.

The Fire Magic uses metal flavor grids to transfer the heat. You get less flareup with the metal because it doesn't absorb the grease.

It takes a few cookings to build up some flavor on those grids.

These are all expensive grills.

I also have a DCS. Stay clear of them! It's a great grill unless you have a problem. Then you have a hell of a time getting replacement parts. The mfg isn't interested in you after you've bought their grill.

If cost is a factor Weber can't be beat.

Vermont Castings makes a nice grill also, for a little more $$.

However, from what you have described, Weber Genesis Silver B or Silver C would be both well made and budget friendly.

Weber is great for the price. The models you mention are no longer made.

If looking for stainless and better quality go for the Weber Summit S420.

If you want the Genesis the new models are E310, EP310 whidh are grill only.

The E320 and EP320 have side burners

If you want all stainless the model is the S320

Weber makes a quality product. You don't have to have helioarc (sp) welded joints or heavy guage metal to make it cook well.

Well my Uniflame model made by the Blue Rhino propane delivery service has been very good. $150 from Wally World. Course now the inside it all rusty and the little houses over the burners is about burned up but it still cooks good. Did burgers and a few brats on it just yesterday. Its SS mostly on top. It been sitting out in the elements for about 7 years or so. They last a long time. All I need is some new little houses and it be as good as new. It dont go higher than 450 unless you have a grease fire of which I have plenty so I can make it hot for them who likes it hot.

bigwheel

mar52 said:
Weber is great for the price. The models you mention are no longer made.

If looking for stainless and better quality go for the Weber Summit S420.

If you want the Genesis the new models are E310, EP310 whidh are grill only.

The E320 and EP320 have side burners

If you want all stainless the model is the S320

Weber makes a quality product. You don't have to have helioarc (sp) welded joints or heavy guage metal to make it cook well.

Mar52 is right. Thanks for the correction. I haven't been in the market to buy one in years. The models he listed are the newer versions. Have had mine going on 7 years now and use it two to three times a week, year round. It has served me very well. Only replaced the flavorizer bars and the grates. Highly recommend the PCI grates from Home Depot.

Sears has some pretty nice gassers. They sell weber and others. The webers are in the $400 - $600 price range.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom