Weekend Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
While the Midwest and Eastern states were getting hammered with snow and record temps we were in the desert enjoying sunny days in the high 70's.n The weather was perfect!!!

I grilled some al Pastor tacos one night, (forgot to take pics) Pollo Asada tacos another night,

and did up some previously smoke ribs another night

A friend of mine made some carne asada the same night I did the ribs so we enjoyed tacos too. As you can see we eat pretty good camping

The Salton Sea

Our Rides

My Wife and I. I was in the back on this ride so I got dusted out. This was after about 8 miles of riding. The next day we did about 45 miles round trip and I led so I didn't get dusted out, everybody else looked like PigPen from the Peanuts cartoon when we got back to camp.

A pic of some Mineral pools at the campground we were staying at. The water comes out of the ground at around 160*. They have to store it about ground to let it cool before using it in the pool. These pools are only 4 ft deep and the water temp was 105*F. No chemicals in these pools and the water is changed frequently.

Looks like a great New Year's weekend, you rode into the NY in a cloud of dust. The food as usual all looks killer John. I'm betting everyone wants to camp next to your site.

Last edited:
Thats Rad. I just watched a documentary on the Salton Sea. It's pretty crazy. Some parts look like Chernobyl. Crazy area. Did it smell. I herd it does.

Lookin good V. That's one of our next destinations for camping...read about the S&S and saw stuff on TV about it, been wanting to go for a long time.

Here is a couple of pictures of mine,

1990 Banshee 350, bored out to 390, Timing moved forward 4 degrees, Round top pistons for better compression, FMF Fatty Pipes, with FMF Powercore 2 Silencers, Dual K&N Air Filter Kits (one per carb), Competition Clutch, and gearing, Cool Head Liquid Cooling System. Just ordered a new radiator for it too. If I am using racing fuel I can get it up around 125, 130mph. If I am using just regular premium Fuel, tops out at about 120.
img_262049_0_e299a66a4a77fd110927ccfd7611a3b3.jpg

img_262049_1_7d5f0816ca603f410321a2984153c9e4.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin good V. That's one of our next destinations for camping...read about the S&S and saw stuff on TV about it, been wanting to go for a long time.

We go there quite often. If you want any info or a tour guide PM me. There are a lot of great things to see out there.

Back
Top Bottom