User Ideas for Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TruGrilling_Chris

Assistant Cook
So I am still looking for as many recipes as I can get for seasoning the brisket we will be using for the kamado cooking. Shoot me ideas starting..NOW....If we pick yours it will be featured on our video going over the results and process of using the Kamado Joe Cooker.

Happy Grilling

To keep everything on an even playing surface, keep it simple. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Let the taste of the beef shine!

Go down to the closest big store and buy yourself a big jug of name brand Beef Fajita Seasoning. McCormicks works well..Tonys maybe. Just dont buy none at the .99 cent store. Play like it was bbq rub. Or you can also run some Montreal Steak Seasoning through your trusty spice grinder (the granules is way too big for bbq cookin) and mix it 50/50 with the Fajita Seasoning which is already purty close to the right size to start with. It also aint bad straight but the Fajita Seasoning is just about the flavor profile needed for Tejas style brisket. Not sure whut flavor is partial with them from North of the Mighty Red. No do not put it on pig bones or barnyard avians etc. Would be excellent on cow bones if you can find some which come equipped with meat from the factory. Send me half the winnings. Let me know if you need my snail mail addy for where to send the check. Thanks.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
To keep everything on an even playing surface, keep it simple. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Let the taste of the beef shine!

I agree with Nick, but I would go with granulated onion and garlic or minced vs. powder. It will hold up better during the cooking process.

But if you want the best brisket you'll ever taste, I'd recommend Wolfe Rub Bold.

If you end up using Bigwheels Fajita recommendation, I'd suggest shooting yourself between the eyes first.........He's said some crazy shit before, but he's obviously confiscated some bad dope this time.......

Well silly bucket headed boy. Hate to make you swallow the Swisher Sweet but I was cooking briskets using Fajita seasoning mixed with whacked up Montreal back when you was still squirting mustard in your Pampers. Dang lippy young whuppersnappers. Sorry but I am going to repoat you to your Daddy JB. Hopefully he give you a trip to the woodshed. Can you say...Spank me Daddy I been bad?

bigwheel said:
Well silly bucket headed boy. Hate to make you swallow the Swisher Sweet but I was cooking briskets using Fajita seasoning mixed with whacked up Montreal back when you was still squirting mustard in your Pampers. Dang lippy young whuppersnappers. Sorry but I am going to repoat you to your Daddy JB. Hopefully he give you a trip to the woodshed. Can you say...Spank me Daddy I been bad?

Just because you're old and have been cooking them longer, doesn't mean they were any good. And the thought of a fajita/Montreal tasting brisket just shiver's me timbers. I bet the mustard in my Pampers tasted better than yo briskets fo sho.......

If JB were my daddy I would have a criminal record by now in my life or would have committed suicide.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom