Tuscany Grilled Souvlaki

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after your first post I made some last night! picked up a 3.5lb boneless leg of lamb at Sams. Cut it cubes and let it marinate for 5 hours. Made about 6 skewers worth. Came out real good! Thanks for that post, will make 'em again!

SteerCrazy said:
after your first post I made some last night! picked up a 3.5lb boneless leg of lamb at Sams. Cut it cubes and let it marinate for 5 hours. Made about 6 skewers worth. Came out real good! Thanks for that post, will make 'em again!
Cool. I'm glad you liked it.. It's one of my favorite foods.. I put more lemon and oregano today...I even smell Greek today.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

surfinsapo said:
SteerCrazy said:
Cool. I'm glad you liked it.. It's one of my favorite foods.. I put more lemon and oregano today...I even smell Greek today.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

the lemon was the main taste with a slight oregano. next time I would add more oregano. I trimmed it pretty good too. lamb fat doesn't render down as easily as pork or beef but they are good!! my wife made a cucumber, yogurt, mint type sauce for it

Thanks everyone...

Diva Q said:
I wish I liked lamb that is wonderful looking.
Diva, you can't even taste the lamb with the lemon and oregano..make it for someone else and try it.... :D

Bought a boneless leg of lamb this morning at sams club. Not sure if I will be making them this week, or FRIDAY! ;)

Diva Q said:
I wish I liked lamb that is wonderful looking.

tastes like steak...doesn't have a game-y taste at all. Very subtle compared to lamb shanks which are a little more rich and fatty tasting to me

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Bought a boneless leg of lamb this morning at sams club. Not sure if I will be making them this week, or FRIDAY! ;)

that's what I picked up at Sams, Bill. You'll be surprised how much meat you get. for a 3lb leg I got about 6 packed skewers worth

I am going to try this Tzatziki Sauce with it.

INGREDIENTS
2 (8 ounce) containers plain yogurt
2 cucumbers - peeled, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
3 cloves garlic, peeled
DIRECTIONS
In a food processor or blender, combine yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill and garlic. Process until well-combined. Transfer to a separate dish, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour for best flavor.

Bill you ever made that kind of sauce before? I know I'm no great
saucier, but I made a similar recipe one time with the yogurt
and it SUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKEEEEDDD. Next time I'm just
using sour cream.

Captain Morgan said:
Bill you ever made that kind of sauce before? I know I'm no great
saucier, but I made a similar recipe one time with the yogurt
and it SUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKEEEEDDD. Next time I'm just
using sour cream.

Nope, but I figure I would try it. After googling for recipies, they all were very simular but this one looked a little easier. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Toss a little onion powder and some Beau Monde in that and add some Black pepper and a pinch of salt and now you are talking.....it's better if done the day before for the flavors to really set up...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom