turkey tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I cheated on this and bought a pre marinaded tenderloin but it came out good...

img_239700_0_2a5d0328589377e5fee7d01168028e9e.jpg

img_239700_1_1aea094b03ba1e41298f3d9b93f591e4.jpg

img_239700_2_d4c66ca598d9692f4f0aa7330fd6bcfc.jpg

I added a little bbq sauce to it to keep it moist and it had a very light bbq sauce taste on the edges but the turkey overpowered the bbq taste. Exactly what I hoped but I coulda made it a little more juicy.. may slow cook it and wrap it next time.

Where was it from? Trader Joe's seems to have solid pre-marinated meat.

jblaze said:
Where was it from? Trader Joe's seems to have solid pre-marinated meat.

i think my gf got it at save mart or vons. i forget what brand it was. it was ok. i thought it was a little dry but it was ok, i woulda rather had asada or tri tip or brisket but we were in a hurry and those tenderloins only took about 18 mins to grill. Maybe ill try trader joes next time, my sister loves trader joes but ive never even stepped foot inside of there.

Well, it looked very tasty...... :D I think you're right, slow cooking might keep it juicier. Maybe you could wrap it in pancetta or bacon :) ;) Everything's better with bacon LOL

Looks good and like Pigs said we all cheat from time to time, we all would love to not have to work at our jobs and make everything from scratch....but this is far from a perfect world.

bbquzz said:
FR hit the nail on the head ... Everything goes better with bacon !
I totally agree! I saw on Triple D yesterday where a guy took bacon grease (still warm) about 3 oz; poured it into a bottle of whiskey and let it sit until the grease solidified. He then ran it through a filter and made his own bacon flavored whiskey. Guy Fiery said it was an awesome taste of smoky goodness! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom