Turkey Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I'm not a big fan of turkey burgers but this meat mix has 50 percent lean pork in it to keep it moist. Added 1/2 cup of chopped green onion, 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese, a jalapeno pepper and two tablespoons of Hoochie Mama BBQ rub to the mix.

Heated up my CI griddle with some peanut oil, salted up the buggers and plopped them on for a nice crisp surface.

Plated with some shoestring fries and a nice green salad. Added some mango-chipolte BBQ sauce to the top of the burger. Tasted real nice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not a fan of turkey at all lol, hate the turkey wang it gives to everything. But those looking really good Lew, cool griddle also

Like, not love, turkey/chicken burgers. Those look great! The added pork is a great touch. Gonna have to try that. Awesome pics and great post, Lew!!

Nick Prochilo said:
I'm not much into the turkey thing but those looked good. Why on the griddle instead of on the grate?
My wife likes the crispy crust you get by grilling on the griddle. It also kind of sears in the juice so it doesn't get dried out. at least that's the theory.

We make them with diced water chestnuts, green onions, and hoisin sauce mixed in to the turkey. They stay moist from the water chestnuts, and the hoisin sauce and onions add a nice asian taste to them. I will have to give the pork a go as well. These look excellent!

ice looking burgers. I like the griddle too!!!! When it comes to burgers I'm not too picky, I like em grilled or cooked on a flat top

Good looking burgers! I've never done my burgers on the griddle before, I'll have to give it a shot.

LOL Well Lew, when I saw the subject line I immediately thought, yuck, turkey burgers.... sorry, but after reading what you put in them well I have to agree with most everyone else, that really sounds yummy ! Nothing like pork to fix ground up turkey and make it taste better ! They look delicious. Yes, and that pan is pretty cool, too !
Thanks for sharing :D

Back
Top Bottom