Trouble Grilling Burgers (long post)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the reverse sear. I will try that. Although, I don't think anybody I know does this. does anybody else have a gas grille that refuses to cook with the lid up?
Close the lid and keep it closed as much as possible! Start the grill with all burners on full blast to burn away remnants of the previous use with the lid down, when the grill gets screaming hot, scrape the bars with a metal brush and close the lid again. Let the grill get super hot again, 500+ degrees. Put the burgers on and close the lid, I crank the heat down to about a bit under half power, did I mention close the lid? Depending on the thickness of your patties and the doneness you are aiming for when you start to see juice coming out of the top of the burger is an approximate time to flip it. That would be the time to add seasonings or sauces. Close the lid. Did I mention "CLOSE THE LID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? Depending on cheese and desired melty melty melty goodness, add the cheese about a minute or so before pulling the burgers. Toasted buns are a true sign of a champion.
Propane grills are designed to cook with the lid down. Gas can not generate enough heat to cook with the lid up. Charcoal can generate the level of heat to cook without a lid if you want to do it that way. I have both grill options myself, I do charcoal when I have the time and energy, but use the gasser more often because it is easier.

Who was it that said," Close the lid"?

Oh wait, that was ME!

And one more Close The Lid!

Last edited:
I think if you tighten the nut behind the wheel your problem will be solved.
That or switch to hotdogs.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom