Tri Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Started out with some corn, Mexican onions and jalapenos. I haven't used my Santa Maria grill in a long time so I gave it some lovin today.

I tried using my ring from an older WSM to control the fire. Worked out really well. Since the coals were contained I foiled the corn and moved them to the coal grate to finish cooking

Had a couple of pieces of Pollo Asada that needed to be cooked before it went bad

A couple of tri tips were cooked. Seasoned with some Costco No Salt seasoning that I ran through a spice grinder before applying and also added a little more black pepper.

Sliced one of the tri tips

Ran the other one through the slicer so I could use it to make some pit beef sandwiches

Plated. Added mayo and horseradish to the sandwich with some sliced sweet onions and served with some cactus.

Thanks for looking!! Hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day!!

I'm with BW, I may have to break out the last TT in the freezer. Those last two shots are killer .... not sure about the cactus, you don't like what you don't know, but I may have to find it and give it a try.

That sandwich makes me want to unhinge my jaw like a snake to get a monstrous bite!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom