tri tip tomarrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_239268_0_e318d3ce93dd89742a0089588494f5f4.jpg

bbquzz said:
What's in the bag with the TT?

Olive oil, veg. Oil, white vinegar, sea salt, monterey steak seasoning, pepper, salt, lemon juice, cayane pepper, pappys seasoning, and worechester sauce(don't know how to spell it Haha). I think that was it. Then I rubbed it with a blend of pappys, sea salt, ground mustard, monterey steak seasoning, pepper, and oregano.

My gf, her daughter and my mom all told me its the best tri tip they've ever had. It was zoo juicy, tender and great flavor. I seared it on both sides and then wrapped it in foil, turned it around and wrapped it in foil again and did it for a third time. I smoked it fat side up for 45 mins and flipped it and smoked it for about 50 mins on that side all at a medium to low temp. Temp got high when I added wood chips but for the most part it was low-med temp and the main thing for me is to let it sit off the grill for at least 5 mins (I do 10 if I have the time) to let all the juices settle back to the middle before u cut it.

Looks great, Beaner! "Zoo juicy"? Interesting. ;) :D

Nice job, congrats!

BigAL said:
Looks great, Beaner! "Zoo juicy"? Interesting. ;) :D

Nice job, congrats!

Haha typo, sorry. I spelled soo but I post from my phone a lot and spell correction corrected it to zoo.

U open up the foil at the end when u add the wood chips. I had the foil open for about 20 mins during the last 50 mins of smoking. I shoulda taken more pics and explained it better. Sorry bout that. But it turned out great!

Nick Prochilo said:
Question, why add wood chips when it's wrapped in foil three times?

BOSTN BEANER said:
U open up the foil at the end when u add the wood chips. I had the foil open for about 20 mins during the last 50 mins of smoking. I shoulda taken more pics and explained it better. Sorry bout that. But it turned out great!

Yeah Nick, what are you stupid. You open the foil when you add wood chips, you've been cooking long enough to at least know that. I can't believe you would question Bostn Beaner after he showed you the finished results of an absolutely perfectly done tri tip I've seen in a while. :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3il1hzhr]Question, why add wood chips when it's wrapped in foil three times?

BOSTN BEANER said:

Yeah Nick, what are you stupid. You open the foil when you add wood chips, you've been cooking long enough to at least know that. I can't believe you would question Bostn Beaner after he showed you the finished results of an absolutely perfectly done tri tip I've seen in a while. :roll:[/quote:3il1hzhr]

Haha thanks for the sarcasm, I needed a good laugh today.

BOSTN BEANER said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2x1vcrcc][quote="Nick Prochilo":2x1vcrcc]Question, why add wood chips when it's wrapped in foil three times?

BOSTN BEANER said:

Yeah Nick, what are you stupid. You open the foil when you add wood chips, you've been cooking long enough to at least know that. I can't believe you would question Bostn Beaner after he showed you the finished results of an absolutely perfectly done tri tip I've seen in a while. :roll:[/quote:2x1vcrcc]

Haha thanks for the sarcasm, I needed a good laugh today.[/quote:2x1vcrcc]

I was being serious, not sarcastic......Nick is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom