Tri-Tip Steaks. "Let's Try This Again"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Found some Tri-Tip steaks on sale so I thought I’d give it another shot. This time I remembered to use my Jaccard meat tenderizer on them, what a difference. Much better results from last time. I covered the steaks evoo and Wolfe Bold and grilled them on the gasser as I was crunched for time. I also tossed on some sweet potatoes. When the sweet potatoes were done, I added a nice big scoop of brown sugar and a hunk of butter, man I love sweet potatoes. Over all the dinner turned out good, simple, and fast. Not shown is the green salad. Guess I’m having for a Tri-Tip sandwich for lunch today.

img_198158_0_0c9514808a6e6f42b2227768bafca717.jpg

img_198158_1_3a01cccd5051163a1e39b79e77c1313f.jpg

img_198158_2_9e0c49a00488b1a698318592c786465b.jpg

When shopping for tri tip steaks - make sure they are cut across the grain. This makes them more tender. of if you like, look for a tri tip roasts and cut them yourself to make sure they cut across the grain. In the market I run, our top 3 grilling steaks (other than the norm ribeyes, strips, Tbones, etc) are as follows: 1) chuck eye steaks 2) flat iron steaks 3) tri tip steaks. We sell them between $3.99-$4.49 lb - sell them all day long :)

Mike

SmokinRubcom said:
When shopping for tri tip steaks - make sure they are cut across the grain. This makes them more tender. of if you like, look for a tri tip roasts and cut them yourself to make sure they cut across the grain. In the market I run, our top 3 grilling steaks (other than the norm ribeyes, strips, Tbones, etc) are as follows: 1) chuck eye steaks 2) flat iron steaks 3) tri tip steaks. We sell them between $3.99-$4.49 lb - sell them all day long :)

Mike

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Where do you live so I can thump you with my 30" Louisville Slugger?? :shock:
Stop destroying my beloved tri tips ;)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Huntsville, Alabama - give me a warning before you come so I can hide LOL!!

Mike

Helen_Paradise said:
SmokinRubcom said:

Mike

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Where do you live so I can thump you with my 30" Louisville Slugger?? :shock:
Stop destroying my beloved tri tips ;)

Actually, most markets leave the tri tip on the top sirloins and put them out as top sirloin steaks. AT least, we remove the tri tip before we cut our top sirloins :)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom