Tortas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
I wanted to make some salsa verde and the wife suggested tortas for dinner so decided to make some before work tonight.

Broke out the weed burner and fire roasted some tomatillos, serrano chiles, and jalapenos. Removed the seeds and veins from the jalapenos and just peeled the tomatillos and serranos.
img_207743_0_b02966db88101d431b43c7cde33c29cf.jpg

Threw everything in the blender with some garlic, onion,cilantro and salt and let er rip.
img_207743_1_92693ec6ae72a6f6d775a0afb061d8e7.jpg

Grilled some meat, then put it and a pan with some salsa verde until the sauce had reduced.
img_207743_2_d171f32680a956fccfdfb1c51bc5b67c.jpg

Torta done. Has refried beans, salsa verde beef,avocado,lettuce tomatoes onion, cilantro sour cream and cheese. Turned pretty darn good.
img_207743_3_a11d2caacdb39b833d0b02238c30d686.jpg

Me neither, but I do know what a good sandwich looks like and that one fits the bill.
dj
bbquzz said:
I don't know what Tortas is or are, but that's a great lookin' sandwich

Looks great :) I could eat those daily for lunch! I love, love, love bolillo rolls. The guy at the carniceria around the corner from my work place makes a mean tri tip torta.

Well I posted a big long winded message on this thread now its gone. I think there is either a rookie list poleeceman out there or maybe it is space aliens causing trouble. I'm fixing to call Art Bell and try to rule out the latter problemo. Fine looking grub by the way.

bigwheel

Ok well that does it. Art said the space aliens is especially active around the solstices..equinoxes..meridians..blue moons etc. Little deductive reasoning going on here. If it cant be but two thangs and one is ruled out..it has to be the other. Thanks for your input.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom