Tonight's Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks delicious... did you use the reverse sear method? It looks as if you might have. :) Tasty either way.

gtsum said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Did you rub that bad boy down with anything?

I rubbed him down with Char Crust Roasted Garlic Peppercorn. If you like a charred crust, it works very well...I have only used it a handful of times, but I really like it,,,nice change up from kosher salt/cracked pepper, etc...

Like it? That steak was the best looking steak I've ever seen!

gtsum said:
Nick Prochilo said:
gtsum said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1xoinu4c]Did you rub that bad boy down with anything?

I rubbed him down with Char Crust Roasted Garlic Peppercorn. If you like a charred crust, it works very well...I have only used it a handful of times, but I really like it,,,nice change up from kosher salt/cracked pepper, etc...

thank you sir! I am going to try some of their other flavors as well :)

Ceramic cooker, lump, the rub, good piece of meat and a little luck, and voila!! I had picked up the meat from Krogers (I usually get my meat from Sams/Costco, OR a local wine store that has tremendous cheeses from all over the world and they bring the meat in from Chicago and fresh seafood from the coast 3 times a week...very, very good prime meat, but that gets a bit pricey so I usually go that route only on big occasions). I was very impressed by the Kroger meat..I think it was $9.99/lb, so $3-$4 more per lb then Costco, but it was definately worth it...almost as good as a piece of prime :D[/quote:1xoinu4c]

Where in Virginia are you from? I have a neice there and her husband took me to a wine store there that had cheeses from all over also. I can't remember the name of the store, but it was pretty impressive!

gtsum said:
Nick Prochilo said:
gtsum said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2204f1z8]
gtsum said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2204f1z8]Did you rub that bad boy down with anything?

thank you sir! I am going to try some of their other flavors as well :)

Ceramic cooker, lump, the rub, good piece of meat and a little luck, and voila!! I had picked up the meat from Krogers (I usually get my meat from Sams/Costco, OR a local wine store that has tremendous cheeses from all over the world and they bring the meat in from Chicago and fresh seafood from the coast 3 times a week...very, very good prime meat, but that gets a bit pricey so I usually go that route only on big occasions). I was very impressed by the Kroger meat..I think it was $9.99/lb, so $3-$4 more per lb then Costco, but it was definately worth it...almost as good as a piece of prime :D

Where in Virginia are you from? I have a neice there and her husband took me to a wine store there that had cheeses from all over also. I can't remember the name of the store, but it was pretty impressive![/quote:2204f1z8]

I am in Chesterfield, VA - the store I go to is the wine cellar in midlothian, VA...about 8 miles from my house. They bring in wines from all over the world in all price ranges (the owners select the wine themselves). Many are limited runs or smaller wineries (along with the big name brands). It is a great place..they remember you when you go in there and make recommendations based on your feedback from the last bottle etc. They know when I walk in that I am a Nappa Big Cab guy :D . All of their meat and fresh seafood (never frozen) has a money back guarantee..if you think it is not worth the money they will refund you the cash :shock: It really is a great store[/quote:2204f1z8]

The're in Chesterfield also. Probably the same store, GREAT selection of wine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom