tonight's Cornish-hen dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unity

Executive Chef
ronbeaux50 inspired me to give Cornish game hens a try. (Hard to believe I've reached this ripe age without ever eating one! :shock: ) So I spatchcocked a couple of them, sprinkled them liberally with Bruce B's Blowin' Smoke rub, and tossed them on the kettle. I should have turned sooner than I did the first time, but the darkened skin didn't hurt anything except looks.

I like meat that comes in a nice individual-serving size. :D

--John 8)
(I'll definitely do Cornish hens again -- very juicy and flavorful, and Bruce's rub provided a nice flavor accent. :) )

Nice job! We call that 'caramelized' and your right, it don't hurt a thang. In fact, I would fight for that skin!!!

When you doing lamb???

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Very nice John. Is that a three tine fork I see in the last pic? I think we have the same set here.
Yes, that's some stainless flatware I picked up on sale about 25 yrs ago. It's a colonial pattern, variously called Jefferson Manor, Colonial Manor, and Washington Manor, that Has hollow pistol-grip knives. I like the pattern, but I'm of two minds about the 3-tine forks -- stuff tends to fall off of them. ("C'mon, fork, we're trying to stuff our faces here!") :roll:

tn_jeffersonmanorpistolknife11.jpg

--John 8)
(I think it goes well with the colonial-era Blue Willow dishes, which I got from Safeway a few pieces at a time. I like old-fashioned stuff.)

Unity said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Very nice John. Is that a three tine fork I see in the last pic? I think we have the same set here.
Yes, that's some stainless flatware I picked up on sale about 25 yrs ago. It's a colonial pattern, variously called Jefferson Manor, Colonial Manor, and Washington Manor, that Has hollow pistol-grip knives. I like the pattern, but I'm of two minds about the 3-tine forks -- stuff tends to fall off of them. ("C'mon, fork, we're trying to stuff our faces here!") :roll:

tn_jeffersonmanorpistolknife11.jpg

--John 8)
(I think it goes well with the colonial-era Blue Willow dishes, which I got from Safeway a few pieces at a time. I like old-fashioned stuff.)
4.gif

Back
Top Bottom