Time to start thinking about....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cap'n

I'm with you 100% on this hot dog thing. Tuesday was a day I look forward to all winter. I dashed home after work and turned on the Mariners game at 6:05 pm local. Then fired up the gasser and put on the dogs. Ahh, baseball, hot dogs and beer. It doesn't get any better.

We don't have any of the brands mentioned here. The best available here is Ballpark All Beef -- maybe I like 'em because of the name. I eat 'em with mustard relish.

Griff

Captain Morgan said:
that would be a little inside joke. :D

Thanks for the news flash Nick....any word on the Pope?[/quote]

Not to go too far off topic... but that was funny.

I think I saw that program, or one very similar. I found it very interesting that you can put anything on a dog in Chicago and it's still a Chicago dog.... except catsup.

I hate catsup on a hot dog.

I really hate I missed that show...I've seen a couple of Food Network shows on hot dogs, and part of a History Channel show was dedicated to the history of the hot dog.....I don't know why I like em so much...I think they just remind me of good times.

If any of you ever find yourself in downtown Detroit, don't know why you would unless you were carjacked and stranded here, but that's another story, go to Lafayette Coney Island. The BEST coney dog I have ever had, chili, mustard, onions. FANTASTIC.

Personally, I love hot dogs. Grilled is best, with mustard onions and some sweet relish, or I use that hot dog relish you can get in the grocery store (mustard based)

Thanks for the welcome folks. I made the hotdog chili from the Aiken pool hall and it is mighty tasty. I don't think I have tried a hot dog style I have not liked. Kind of like regional bbq its all pretty good if its done right.

I agree Jersey...Heebs are great...sliced down the middle with some good ole American cheese melted on it!! On the grill, of course:D

Okay Capt. Just got home, slit the Sabretts down, filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon. Gonna lite the grill in 15 minutes, great idea, thanks for the thought! :!:

this post is killing me, its eleven and im just checked and found out no dogs in the house im about to go to the store to get some dogs and bacon

Back
Top Bottom