The brisket from the new pit is now being served...(pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Ok, yall. I didn't want to cut it lastnight because I had just took it out of the smoker. I let it rest allnight, since it worried allday...JB joke of course...Here's the pics. I tasted it and it tastes like brisket from a good BBQ joint from the south.. I feel like a happy camper.. This cookin sure makes life worth livin, along with other things... :withstupid Woops. Larry isn't up there yet.... :shock:

007bond-jb said:
Looks good SS, what was the internal temp when you pulled it?
I have no idea.. I just been squeezing the brisket and when it feels the right firmness I take it out... I got one of the remote thermometers. I better start to use it.. I did the low n slow method 3 times so far and it's been working.. I might not be so lucky next time...That meat tastes so damn good boy. I wish i could send some to yall.. but you getting somethin betta!!!! a real Texas jewel BOY.....chile pequins!!

I like.
I have 2 Briskets going on later too so we'll see if I was....Paying Attention BOY

hahaha

Mike Hedrick said:
I like.
I have 2 Briskets going on later too so we'll see if I was....Paying Attention BOY

hahaha
He He He.. I get scared when he yells and says look at me boy... I have flashbacks of my Dad gettin ready to open a can of woopass with a razor strap...Those were the good ole days... I can't wate to see yer brisket Mike!!! You Rocker you!!!... "Nothin for Nothin"..BP..R.I.P....

Re: The brisket from the new pit is now being served...(pics

surfinsapo said:
Ok, yall. I didn't want to cut it lastnight because I had just took it out of the smoker. I let it rest allnight, since it worried allday...JB joke of course...Here's the pics. I tasted it and it tastes like brisket from a good BBQ joint from the south.. I feel like a happy camper.. This cookin sure makes life worth livin, along with other things... :withstupid Woops. Larry isn't up there yet.... :shock:

Looking good sapo. Is it dry at all? Looks a little dry in the pic.

Is that a flat only? Or did you take the point off earlier in the cook?

Sapo --

Looks great!

How about some details on your cook giving some insight into your new cooker? For instance, did it hold a steady temp? Did it take much tending? How often did you have to refuel.? How long did the cook take? How much fuel did you use? Any plans for mods? How 'bout a basket?

Rich

If it was up to me.........I'm just happy seeing you cook on that new cooker S :D
Great job!

Re: The brisket from the new pit is now being served...(pics

Love2<º((((>< said:
surfinsapo said:

Looking good sapo. Is it dry at all? Looks a little dry in the pic.

Is that a flat only? Or did you take the point off earlier in the cook?

It's room temp in that picture. I trimmed it like Bill told me last time. I took the fat and let it drip upon the main slab of beef... The meat isn't dry at all. It taste good and melt in your mouth man...no kidding...

boar_d_laze said:
Sapo --

Looks great!

How about some details on your cook giving some insight into your new cooker? For instance, did it hold a steady temp? Did it take much tending? How often did you have to refuel.? How long did the cook take? How much fuel did you use? Any plans for mods? How 'bout a basket?

Rich
Ok. it's all stainless steal construction, except ash boxes and grates. Fire box points to the South. Thank God.. Guld breeze = southeast everyday. It help a steady temp if I don't open it up and gaze at the meat..I do that sometimes..sorry I'm a weido.. :D . It took some tending because I didn't know how much coal, lump to stack in the firebox. I'll get that fixed soon. The ribs too 3.5 hours and the brisket arounf 9.0 hours. I used about 20 medium lumps and 20 small Home Depot coals Mike talked about. I just bought a 15 foot gas hose and coal pan like JB's..I also got a box of those ceramic coals for heating via propane. I need to get a cajun gas burner with a small air inlet so it can fit in the dampener. Or I am going to mod that too.. What is a basket? A basket for the coals? ok. I hope this is what you wanted....did you watch the video?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom