The brisket from the new pit is now being served...(pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
surfinsapo said:
boar_d_laze said:
Sapo --

Looks great!

How about some details on your cook giving some insight into your new cooker? For instance, did it hold a steady temp? Did it take much tending? How often did you have to refuel.? How long did the cook take? How much fuel did you use? Any plans for mods? How 'bout a basket?

Rich
Ok. it's all stainless steal construction, except ash boxes and grates. Fire box points to the South. Thank God.. Guld breeze = southeast everyday. It help a steady temp if I don't open it up and gaze at the meat..I do that sometimes..sorry I'm a weido.. :D . It took some tending because I didn't know how much coal, lump to stack in the firebox. I'll get that fixed soon. The ribs too 3.5 hours and the brisket arounf 9.0 hours. I used about 20 medium lumps and 20 small Home Depot coals Mike talked about. I just bought a 15 foot gas hose and coal pan like JB's..I also got a box of those ceramic coals for heating via propane. I need to get a cajun gas burner with a small air inlet so it can fit in the dampener. Or I am going to mod that too.. What is a basket? A basket for the coals? ok. I hope this is what you wanted....did you watch the video?

Naww SS Rich uses a afterburner too... Acadamey has those burners & if they don't in your area lemmy know I know another place to order from.
You don't need the ceramic coals for smokin with gas, thats what the gas regulator is for Boy

007bond-jb said:
surfinsapo said:
[quote="boar_d_laze":1afm3uaa]Sapo --

Looks great!

How about some details on your cook giving some insight into your new cooker? For instance, did it hold a steady temp? Did it take much tending? How often did you have to refuel.? How long did the cook take? How much fuel did you use? Any plans for mods? How 'bout a basket?

Rich
Ok. it's all stainless steal construction, except ash boxes and grates. Fire box points to the South. Thank God.. Guld breeze = southeast everyday. It help a steady temp if I don't open it up and gaze at the meat..I do that sometimes..sorry I'm a weido.. :D . It took some tending because I didn't know how much coal, lump to stack in the firebox. I'll get that fixed soon. The ribs too 3.5 hours and the brisket arounf 9.0 hours. I used about 20 medium lumps and 20 small Home Depot coals Mike talked about. I just bought a 15 foot gas hose and coal pan like JB's..I also got a box of those ceramic coals for heating via propane. I need to get a cajun gas burner with a small air inlet so it can fit in the dampener. Or I am going to mod that too.. What is a basket? A basket for the coals? ok. I hope this is what you wanted....did you watch the video?

Naww SS Rich uses a afterburner too... Acadamey has those burners & if they don't in your area lemmy know I know another place to order from.
You don't need the ceramic coals for smokin with gas, thats what the gas regulator is for Boy[/quote:1afm3uaa]
Well I got everything except a moded firebox door. I found the piece of metal I need ar work.. They are thowing it away.. Those cajun burners look good.. thin air port...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom