Teriyaki Flank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I originally wanted to do a flank steak with a chimichurri marinade, but I managed to forget the items for the marinade when I was at the store. I used a bottle of Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyakis marinade instead. It was good, but the roasted garlic was way too strong, and I love garlic. Other than that, very good.

Nick Prochilo said:
I'd eat that Larry! I've never had the teriyaki with the roasted garlic, just the plain teriyaki.

Just a note, don't bother with the roasted garlic! Way, way too strong!

Used to use quite a bit of that stuff as part of a sweet glaze which was supposed to be a top secret clone of Jack Daniels Grilling sauce as served by TGI Friday's (good stuff an easy to find on Google if you aint tried it). Anyway the recipe started life as requiring plain Terriyaki sauce and some other stuff and a head of self roasted garlic be mixed together. Grand total 2 cups liquid I think. Swear I could tell no difference in the finished product using the home cooked garlic with plain sauce or the Kikomann roasted stuff...and the do both got a strong flavor. Think I came to the conclusion I aint a big fan of roasted garlic. Especially if using it on pork gives a little nuance of making it taste spoiled sometimes. You ever noticed that?

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
I originally wanted to do a flank steak with a chimichurri marinade, but I managed to forget the items for the marinade when I was at the store. I used a bottle of Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyakis marinade instead. It was good, but the roasted garlic was way too strong, and I love garlic. Other than that, very good.

bigwheel said:
Used to use quite a bit of that stuff as part of a sweet glaze which was supposed to be a top secret clone of Jack Daniels Grilling sauce as served by TGI Friday's (good stuff an easy to find on Google if you aint tried it). Anyway the recipe started life as requiring plain Terriyaki sauce and some other stuff and a head of self roasted garlic be mixed together. Grand total 2 cups liquid I think. Swear I could tell no difference in the finished product using the home cooked garlic with plain sauce or the Kikomann roasted stuff...and the do both got a strong flavor. Think I came to the conclusion I aint a big fan of roasted garlic. Especially if using it on pork gives a little nuance of making it taste spoiled sometimes. You ever noticed that?

bigwheel

Gotta agree with ya big guy! The roasted garlic in this particular sauce was very overpowering. On the otherhand, I love roasted garlic. If done right it should be sweet and not overpowering. Obviously, Kikkoman didn't get that part right!!

That looked great Larry.
I've never had any luck with the Kikkoman products.
Guess I'll try again!

Puff said:
That looked great Larry.
I've never had any luck with the Kikkoman products.
Guess I'll try again!

Actually the best Teriyaki sauce they have is the reduced sodium one. Thought I'd just try something different.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom