Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks very good. After its cut a served I love dipping my pieces of pork tenderloin in that hot Chinese mustard with a little soy sauce. If we don’t have any at home I make a quick run up to the local restaurant and tell them I had a to go order and they forgot the mustard. Burns my nostrils but I love it.

Toby keil said:
that hot Chinese mustard
I bought some dry Chinese mustard -- a whole pound of it for about $4 -- maybe a couple years ago. It might outlast me. But here's the deal: In a small bowl, like a Pyrex custard bowl, mix the mustard with water until it's the consistency you get in Chinese restaurants. Let it rest for 20 minutes. When you eat it, breathe through your mouth. This is important. Hell, it's more than important, it's a survival tactic. You'll still get the hot, but you'll live through the experience.

If you add vinegar, the hot will be cut way back. That's why those little packets you get with Chinese carryout don't do anything to you, they've got vinegar added for preservative.

--John
(Tenderloin. Tenderloin is great. This is not a hijack.)

Unity said:
Toby keil said:
that hot Chinese mustard
I bought some dry Chinese mustard -- a whole pound of it for about $4 -- maybe a couple years ago. It might outlast me. But here's the deal: In a small bowl, like a Pyrex custard bowl, mix the mustard with water until it's the consistency you get in Chinese restaurants. Let it rest for 20 minutes. When you eat it, breathe through your mouth. This is important. Hell, it's more than important, it's a survival tactic. You'll still get the hot, but you'll live through the experience.

If you add vinegar, the hot will be cut way back. That's why those little packets you get with Chinese carryout don't do anything to you, they've got vinegar added for preservative.

--John

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I remember almost passing out one time from exhaling chinese mustard through my nose . It made the top of my head tingle....MMMM Good! gastranomic skydiving!

Unity said:
Toby keil said:
that hot Chinese mustard

--John
I remember the first time I ate Chinese mustard. WHOOOOOOO S&!t

Back
Top Bottom