Tandoori Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redflea

Cook
My wife decided that she wanted some Indian food, so we got our Tandoori on....

Marinated thighs in tandoori spices, yogurt, etc., for about 8 hours. Placed on baking pan for initial indirect cooking.

img_233026_0_2724b7a90afa443b81038d9554ee26d7.jpg

Cooked for about 45 minutes indirect at 375 on the grill in a baking pan (covered w/foil to keep the wife from freaking out.) :)

img_233026_1_c9940b5e4ff18d5baa14200e0a0c8608.jpg

Then grilled on direct along w/some zucchini slices (EVOO, salt, pepper, and some tarragon).

img_233026_2_3763402beb36e9c1c9501dac78d0915d.jpg

And served to a happy family along w/homemade tzatziki sauce, and grilled flatbread.

img_233026_3_26e91257127a85644cfb9b8fa600f14d.jpg

Yum!

Looks good. I tried Tandoori chicken one time and it come out redder than a fire truck. Must have had some red food coloring in it or something.

Thanks for the comments.

It was pretty easy to make - we used a package from a company called Shan for the Tandoori spice, recommended by some Indian friends of ours for "quick and easy" Tandoori.

We love home made tzatziki sauce (juice from home-grow meyer's lemons & fresh mint in it=yummy!).

That looks really good. I love Tandoori chicken but I've never thought about cooking it at home until now. Thanks for sharing.

Toby keil said:
That looks really good. I love Tandoori chicken but I've never thought about cooking it at home until now. Thanks for sharing.

No problem...just trying to share back a little of all the stuff I've learned reading here.

If you can find the Tandoori seasoning packages at a local store (like I said, the brand I used was "Shan" - it makes it pretty easy.

It won't quite match what you get from a true tandoori oven, but it was pretty tasty. :)

Well the first step in making januine Tandoori chicken is to construct yourself an authentic Tandoori Oven. Think the shipping be too high to order one from Calcutta. Them things weigh a ton and cook at around a thousand degrees or so. You can make one out of a 55 gallon barrel and a big wad of fire clay. Sorta like a Big Green Egg on Steroids.

bigwheel said:
Well the first step in making januine Tandoori chicken is to construct yourself an authentic Tandoori Oven. Think the shipping be too high to order one from Calcutta. Them things weigh a ton and cook at around a thousand degrees or so. You can make one out of a 55 gallon barrel and a big wad of fire clay. Sorta like a Big Green Egg on Steroids.

Or if you have a glass blowing furnace, just turn it down a tad, stick the chicken on the end of your glass blowing tube, and you're good. ;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom