Tacos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justaguy

Sous Chef
Grilled a little flanker, and some chicken for tacos tonight, with two homemade salsas. I thought I'd through in a pic of what it looks like off my front porch when I started to cook. I live in a small city, but still have a pretty good view.
img_184066_0_86a501c95515cb3b90d4feffc3909d97.jpg

img_184066_1_725bcf15530550ba72f50951eb44938c.jpg

img_184066_2_b50479bae9808f534b1d6a095293eff2.jpg

Looks killer ill bet those tacos were gooooooood! I usually use white corn tortillas and chop up the meat real good...those are one of my favorite! Just like they do it in Meheeco.

Me too. BTW, what is that white stuff? Seems like a body could strap a couple of barrel staves to their feet and slide downhill. :LOL:

Toby keil said:
[quote="007bond-jb":3dvjwegg][quote="Diva Q":3dvjwegg]Everything from the view to the plate looks just beautiful!!!!
Yeah what D said[/quote:3dvjwegg]
Yeah what both D & JB said![/quote:3dvjwegg]
I'm with those guys. :)

--John

It's hard to decide if the view or food looks best- both are awesome. Do you make your own green sauce - willing to share recipe :?: :?:

Yeah I try to make salsa at least once a week so we always have fresh, well usually it's just pico with a little kick. But I ate at a buddies house and he had a batch of green that I was really impressed with. He told me how he made it and I didn't believe him. Sounds too simple, but here goes:

Ingredients:
Tomatillos
Jalapenos
Limes

Simmer/boil tomatillos till the turn darker green
Drain and blend them with Peppers, and lime juice. Chill

Sounds good. The only Tomatillios I ever played around with was raw I think. Whew..it was like eating a sour old green tomater crossed with lemon. Surely that biling should tame em down a little. I give it a try next time somebody come up with some free ones. Them stinkers I bought was outreagously expunsive.

bigwheel

There is a latin market near my house where I get all my produce. It's ridiculously cheap. I went on saturday and bought all the stuff for the salsa, and about 2 lbs of yukon golds and only cost 2.38.

Back
Top Bottom