Sweet Potatoes-ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Has anybody ever grilled sweet potatoes? Do you slice them first then put thedm on or just throw the whole thing on whole, about how long?

We've done it ~ Just wrap 'em up in FOIL and cook 'em just like regular taters. Good stuff..

Found a recipe in ""How To Grill" S. Raichlen; he just puts them right on a bed of hot lump charcoal for 40minutes to 1 hour or until skin is charred and metal skewer goes through easily.

Worked great, took 55 minutes and I made a maple syrup, ground cinnamon butter to go with them.

Then I grilled up some asparagus to go with the bone in center cut pork chops with HeadCountry rub. Great dinner.

Thanks for your help anyways guys, it's appreciated.

Bruce B said:
Found a recipe in ""How To Grill" S. Raichlen; he just puts them right on a bed of hot lump charcoal for 40minutes to 1 hour or until skin is charred and metal skewer goes through easily.

Worked great, took 55 minutes and I made a maple syrup, ground cinnamon butter to go with them.

Then I grilled up some asparagus to go with the bone in center cut pork chops with HeadCountry rub. Great dinner.

Thanks for your help anyways guys, it's appreciated.
That's what I do too. Sorry I wasn't around when you asked. Also, you can do sliced and on the grill grate. It works well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom