Sweet Potato Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
I've got 3 med sized sweet potatoes to go with some grilled pork chops for dinner tonight. Can I foil them and place them directly on the coals, well I know I can, I guess my question is, has anybody doen this and how long will they take...or...should I just place them on the grate above the fire?

OR, a second thought, slice SP in 1/2" slices and sprinkle with brown sugar and several pats of butter and a little honey, wrap in HD foil and place on grill for about 45-60 minutes.

Thanks for the assistance.

Bruce if you put them directly on the coals figure about 35-45 min turning every 10 minutes to prevent them from burning. On the grate they should take about 50-60 minutes depending on your heat. I cook mine at 375*. Hope this helps.

Bruce, I like your second thought better, but I'd forget the honey. The brown sugar and sweet potatoes should be plenty sweet! Let us know what you do.

I wrap mine in a double layer of Heavyduty foil and put them on the edge of the coals and turn them once at about 20 min or so. When they are soft I pull them. We find that they are planty sweet and add a dollop of butter, salt & pepper. I find if I let the skin get very dark the sugar just under the skin turns into a nice syrup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom