Surf and Turf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
NY Strips with Salt & Pepper

Main Lobster tails

Was gunna use some Maytag Blue, but they were out. Settled for Gorgonzola

NY Strip topped with Gargonzola, Maine Lobster tail w/ gee, Baby Spinach, fresh Potuguesse roll.

ScottyDaQ said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Dang Scotty Poo that looks fantastic! Did you make ghee for the lobster?
Yeah. ghee. Wife licks the full strength butter with hers. I like it clarified.

I'd like to see that along with some Wolfe Nuts! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2izcbzxb]Dang Scotty Poo that looks fantastic! Did you make ghee for the lobster?

I'd like to see that along with some Wolfe Nuts! 8-[[/quote:2izcbzxb]

Uhhh yeah.... I meant LIKES ... psycho. :grin:

Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2iv5mt9f]Dang Scotty Poo that looks fantastic! Did you make ghee for the lobster?

I'd like to see that along with some Wolfe Nuts! 8-[[/quote:2iv5mt9f]

:eek:
Steaks look good :!:
My wife licks seafood, I dont care for it much :!:

If I'm ever in the circumstance of ordering a "last meal", that's it, along with some other appetizers, of course.

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":wfnxebgf]Dang Scotty Poo that looks fantastic! Did you make ghee for the lobster?

My wife licks seafood, I dont care for it much :!:[/quote:wfnxebgf]

Nick told me you like "lap eel". Any truth to that??

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":9wf7dvef]
ScottyDaQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":9wf7dvef]Dang Scotty Poo that looks fantastic! Did you make ghee for the lobster?

My wife licks seafood, I dont care for it much :!:[/quote:9wf7dvef]

Nick told me you like "lap eel". Any truth to that??[/quote:9wf7dvef]

:lmao: Bastard :!:

how'd you cook the tails? time, temp & method? I have never cooked lobster tails but want to.. just dont want to screw em up.

the gorgonzola.. did you mix it with butter or just melt it on top?

and also.. humor me.. what is gee? or ghee?

man, I dream about meals like that

Gary in VA said:
how'd you cook the tails? time, temp & method? I have never cooked lobster tails but want to.. just dont want to screw em up.

the gorgonzola.. did you mix it with butter or just melt it on top?

and also.. humor me.. what is gee? or ghee?

man, I dream about meals like that

Split the shells down the back (de-turd if needed), and pour in a little EVOO and chopped garlic. I just throw em on semi direct .. with the fat part facing the coals. Cook fin side down for for 3 minutes, flip and cook open side down for 2. Don't let em overcook.

The Gorgonzola was mixed with the butter til creamy, a dollop was place on the steak and sent under the broiler just til the cheese started to melt.

Ghee is just clarified butter. Simmer butter until the milk solids settle to the bottom and skim off the fat to use. No need to refrigerate.

Here's how you make Ghee.

1 pound butter

Place butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring butter to boil. This takes approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium. The butter will form a foam which will disappear. Ghee is done when a second foam forms on top of butter, and the butter turns golden. Approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Brown milk solids will be in bottom of pan. Gently pour into heatproof container through fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Store in airtight container being sure to keep free from moisture. Ghee does not need refrigeration and will keep in airtight container for up to 1 month.

Finney said:

1 pound butter

Place butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring butter to boil. This takes approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium. The butter will form a foam which will disappear. Ghee is done when a second foam forms on top of butter, and the butter turns golden. Approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Brown milk solids will be in bottom of pan. Gently pour into heatproof container through fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Store in airtight container being sure to keep free from moisture. Ghee does not need refrigeration and will keep in airtight container for up to 1 month.
If you put cheese in it would it be called "Ghee Wiz" 8-[

Puff said:
Finney said:

1 pound butter

If you put cheese in it would it be called "Ghee Wiz" 8-[
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom