Sunday's Grilled New York Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I marinated three New York steaks in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, red wine, sugar and some onion powder for three hours in the fridge. Took them out and let them warm to room temperature before putting them on the grill.

Basted one side with melted butter and then seasoned with salt and pepper. Grilled buttered side down over direct heat for about two minutes with the Performer's lid closed. Then moved them over to the indirect side of the grill and cooked them for about seven minutes. Basted the tops with butter, salt and pepper and turned them over. Cooked on indirect side for another 10 minutes before pulling them and letting them rest for five minutes on plate covered with foil.

Plated steaks with egg noodles, broccoli and carrots. Added some blue cheese to top of steaks before serving. Steaks were cooked medium rare and had a very rich flavor. Probably best tasting steaks we've had so far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks great Lew. Now you can skip the blue cheese on mine just so you have plenty for everybody else know that stuff can be high dollar especially if you buy it from the Maytag man. Have you ever tried rubbing it down with anchovies? Now that is real good for those on a budget.

Nick Prochilo said:
Lew, you live in the wrong state to cook those! Send them to me immediately!
Why would he want to downgrade his level of life and move to NY?

BTW, Lew those steaks look fantastic! It looks like the marinade made a nice crust too!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":34kbihes]Lew, you live in the wrong state to cook those! Send them to me immediately!
Why would he want to downgrade his level of life and move to NY?

BTW, Lew those steaks look fantastic! It looks like the marinade made a nice crust too!![/quote:34kbihes]

I didn't say he should move! Try and pay attention Larry! Is your head still up your ass?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom