Sunday Taco's & Scallop Ceviche

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
Sunday as I was doing stuff around the house; I had a craving for some carne asada tacos (soft-shell) and some scallop ceviche. I thawed out some sea scallops, cut them up and got them marinating in some lime/lemon juice. I then went to the store and picked up some beef flap meat for the tacos. I seasoned the meat with chili powder, granulated garlic, pepper, sweet paprika, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, sliced white onion and 2 Modelo Especial cerveza. I let all this marinate for about 4 hours. I then cut up the jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, red bell pepper for the ceviche.

I grilled the meat over a bed of really Freakin Hot mesquite wood on the new braunsfel. I then cut-up the meat and onions together and served in double shell warmed corn tortillas with home-made quacamole & some tapatio hot sauce.

Outstanding looking tacos and ceviche!!! I have never tried making ceviche with scallops, just fish and shrimp.

WOW! That all looks fantastic! Those scallops sure do look nice, never tried them that way.

Modelo is great beer, imo. I haven't had any for a couple months, I'm due.

Great pix and fine job on the cook!

I LOVE these posts :D

some of them almost have this kind of feel:.....not this one per say..just sayin!!

So I was sitting around the house today when I suddenly decided I was hungry......so I grabbed some stuff hanging around in the fridge/cupboards not doing anything....and I "threw this together!" ......and out comes this crazy freaking incredible dish. Hahaha

......great stuff!!!

Buckeye_Nut said:
I LOVE these posts :D

some of them almost have this kind of feel:.....not this one per say..just sayin!!

So I was sitting around the house today when I suddenly decided I was hungry......so I grabbed some stuff hanging around in the fridge/cupboards not doing anything....and I "threw this together!" ......and out comes this crazy freaking incredible dish. Hahaha

......great stuff!!!
That totally made me laugh out-loud! :D :D :D

Looks great. I always had a theory that Carne Asada was Fajitas which aint been cut up yet. I see now I was right as usual:) Now for them who want to simplify their life..try soaking the meat and veggies over night in a 50/50 mix of Kikkomann Soy Sauce and water. Make it taste just like a person had bought out the produce section of Kroger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom