Struggling with chicken bbq.. Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you and your guests enjoyed the meal so your job is done:) Make some notes mental or written and your ready for your second cook. I'm old and forgetful so I have to write down how I would do a cook differently ;)

May want to cut down on the charcoal a bit, looks like you had a bunch there. You really only need about half of that. Other than that good cook.

I have a buddy that lives with me, when he moved in, I told him feel free to use my charcoal grill. After a while I noticed all my charcoal was disappearing (I have about 30 bags of Kingsford at any specific time.) Then I saw what he was doing, I went ballistic..... He was using about a quarter of a bag to use in a 14" Smokey Joe, for one steak mind you. He thinks you have to have the charcoal right up under the grate, and a whole shit load to create a hot fire. Little did he know he was smothering his own fire out because there was no air flow, not to mention WASTING my charcoal, that he did not pay for. Moral of the story, learn what is a good amount of charcoal through trial and error. And always when using someone else's charcoal get them more, at which I am still waiting for.

Back
Top Bottom