Stove top grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have a stove top grill but I do have an electric one. It doesn't get really smoky but you get a bit of the charring from the heat as well as the fat dripping down. I usually do very lean pork or boneless skinless chicken breasts on mine. Higher fat concentrations can make it smoke pretty bad!

The chicken looks great!

I have one of the electric indoor one too. Have not used it in years. It added almost no flavor and was a mess to clean up after.

Mine is really easy to clean. Just spray it with a good cooking spray and it washes right off. I love using it. The flavor isn't anything like using the outdoor grill but in a pinch is good enough to eat. Lots of times I do add just a drop of liquid smoke to the marinade. I know lots of people don't like the flavor of liquid smoke but I've found if you just use a tiny amount and use other seasonings, all you get is a hint of smoke. I don't like a lot of it in anything.

I've seen those in stores but never knew anyone who'd used one. I'd be interested in one of those. Mine has a white ceramic base with a silver looking tray(no clue what it's made of), that a curved electric burner fits into and the grate is like a checkerboard and you sit it on a lip in the ceramic base. The grate can be put one way for more direct cooking or flipped over for indirect. My parents gave it to me and I have no clue where they got it! It's several years old now and has seen quite a bit of use.

Scotty, we've had a Foreman! LOL I personally didn't care for it at all and it ended up coming apart at the hinges.

Back
Top Bottom