Starve a cold, feed a fever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Woke up Thursday morning with a wicked cold but went to work anyway. Friday came and I still felt crappy but stuck it out and made it through the day. When I got home Friday afternoon, the wifey was gone and so were the kids so I decided I needed to feed my cold with some good old grillin. I got two NY strips and found some boneless chicken thighs in the fridge. I used a little evoo and Texas Grilling Magic on the steaks, sprinkled the chicken with Slap Ya Mama. Previous to getting the meat and chicken ready, I tossed a few potatoes in the oven and cooked up some bacon for em. I was out of charcoal so I had to use the gasser, not as good as it would have been on my Chaney but still tasty just the same. My only complaint is that the meat wasn’t as tender as I had hoped, I haven’t been very happy with the meat dept at our local Vons lately, I guess I’ll stop buying it there. Anyhoo, below are the pics.

Steaks and chicken before seasoning.
img_233896_0_d0e1db7be2f17f4b964fb459faccdf69.jpg

Steaks, chicken and potatoes on the cutting board.
img_233896_1_05e1f761fb8bbcd014c0fbcfc79a9983.jpg

My plate with butter, bacon and sour cream on my potato, no greens in this meal :)
img_233896_2_3ea48c1dfa4ee4af6153a703cd45ec22.jpg

What? Dude!!!! How can you run out of charcoal? When you get down to three bags in the garage you need to get another 10! I don't want to hear about this again! :LOL:

Oh and good looken grub?

Some good looking grub!!! Our Vons meat market seems to be hit and miss too. Find you a better market, I did.

It may not have been as tender as you would have liked but it is certainly cooked perfectly and looks great from here!

Get well.

Tri Tip said:
What? Dude!!!! How can you run out of charcoal? When you get down to three bags in the garage you need to get another 10! I don't want to hear about this again! :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:
:LOL:

Hey Toby, I hope you're feeling better, the Von's has been putting out a lot of "Select" grade meat lately and it is tough as chewing on my old work boot.
Your meal looks really good though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom