Spatchcock Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Gotta 6lb oven roaster, seasoned with season all and cooked indirect at 400* on the Primo for 1 hour. Turned out fabulous, crispy skin and the meat was very moist. Had a little Bush's and Suddenly Salad! Oh yeah, notice the the Black Mustard Slather too, great on chicken!

Griff said:
Looks good Larry. I think the ceramics do a great job on yard birds.

Griff you can say that again! The ceramic has improved my chicken espeically the skin dramatically!

Larry Wolfe said:
Griff said:

Griff you can say that again! The ceramic has improved my chicken espeically the skin dramatically!
Do you get a crisper skin?.
Chickens taste like.......................Chicken ;)

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1jvqyp61]
Griff said:

Do you get a crisper skin?.
Chickens taste like.......................Chicken ;)[/quote:1jvqyp61]

Yeah the skin is PERFECTLY crisp, but the meat just flowed with juices. Chicken does not taste like chicken, everything else that is white meat "tastes like chicken"! :LOL:

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1jvqyp61]
Griff said:

Why? Higher temps?[/quote:1jvqyp61]

I don't know Jim. I cooked chicken at the same temp on the Performer and have never had the texture of the skin come out as good as it has the several times I've cooked chicken on the Primo. I can't explain it, but I'm really happy with the results compared to the kettle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom