Soy Brown Sugar Salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Funny story first.......this salmon said on the package 'Wild Caught' salmon and was fairly inexpensive, can't recall the price off hand but I bought it put it in the fridge. Take it out yesterday to thaw and was reading the package and came across.....'caught in Alaskan or Japanese waters', okay I could handle that but a little futher down it said 'product of China'. WTF?? No wonder the state of the US economy sucks....we have outsourced our fish processing plants to China? REALLY?? Needless to say I will NOT purchase this fish again, yes I feel that strong about it! If I have to go visit Griff to catch salmon, fight grizzlies and drink sour toes, so be it. I will however not support another country if I can help it while our own people are out of jobs.

I combined equal parts soy sauce and brown sugar and then added chili flakes, garlic and onion. Let marinade for an hour then cooked indirect with a couple small pieces of apple wood until done. I thought I had a finished picture, but I guess the Maker's made it disappear. I will be doing this again soon if I can find US caught and processed salmon. Otherwise, I'll try it with an American caught bluefish or mackeral, something nice and fatty like a salmon. The finished product was fantastic!

A cheap $2 aluminum bowl is what you use when your FREE 18.5" Kettle doesn't come with one!
img_248286_0_e5eb38f836504ab4704b8aa9c7270a10.jpg
img_248286_1_fbdaac1e3a73aed7eb9f318870142643.jpg
img_248286_2_5ff46fe16e66912e09cf129f86c76d6d.jpg
img_248286_3_1d7398286ee06b340095b25ffb02e0f4.jpg
img_248286_4_419e0c37b7d3b02de4772001a569e25b.jpg

Crumbles up the fish and served over a nice salad of spring mix greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper and drizzled with a balsamic vinegarette. Very good dinner!
img_248286_5_ba0e87f6382c2064078d797787359607.jpg

trying to understand this...so the Chinese went into Japan and/or US waters
and caught our salmon? Them's fightin' words.

Although I wouldn't trust any labeling from China to actually tell the truth.
Odds are that there is a Chinese farmed fish. Griff could taste it and
tell you which province it came from.

Captain Morgan said:
trying to understand this...so the Chinese went into Japan and/or US waters
and caught our salmon? Them's fightin' words.

Although I wouldn't trust any labeling from China to actually tell the truth.
Odds are that there is a Chinese farmed fish. Griff could taste it and
tell you which province it came from

If he could only do that with women.......

Well we are on a big salmon kick since the Little Bride been listening to this health guru on TV. Nice to have this recipe. Never could quite decide what do with it. Sure can see where it would come in handy on the morning pharting contest. Might consider chasing it with a coupla boiled eggs if there was big money riding. Sad day up here when the local Chicken Express chain..which also had fried catfish made a move from Mississippi to viet nam. Yall should see some documentaries on how nasty them fish are raised. Plust they feed them left over Agent Orange and stuff like that. Now I just go for the livers and gizzards. They also have the best fried cheddar poppers in town.

Thats a salad I would eat, but I agree to the fullest, There is no need to get fish processed in china and I don't understand why everything is sent to china before it's sent to the US. cut out the middle man and keep work here in the USA

You've inspired me. I've been eating super healthy since the first of the year. I'm close to being totally fit. I'm tired of chicken salads and that looks great!

Larry,
The packaging might be confusing, but the end product was Great looking.

Nick Prochilo said:
Almost like driving a Toyota truck.

My Toyota truck was built in Indiana with parts made in Japan.

Your Ford truck was built in Mexico with parts made in USA.

What is your point Little Nicky?

And the last little bit of profit from your truck is next to the fishermen that caught your salmon!

Sent using smoke signals because I'm a cheap bastard!

Nick Prochilo said:
And the last little bit of profit from your truck is next to the fishermen that caught your salmon!

And the last little bit of profit from your truck is next to the Illegal immigrant from Mexico selling drugs to our kids or killing or robbing our US citizens! You tell me what's worse.

Nick Prochilo said:
My truck was built in Kentucky so what are you saying?

Right .......Tijuana Kentucky! We're both right, but you are still and idiot.

Trucks
In North America, Ranger and F-series trucks are built in Oakville, Ontario; Dearborn; Claycomo, Kansas; Louisville, Kentucky; St. Paul., Minnesota; and Edison, New Jersey. Trucks also are built in Mexico, Malaysia, Vietnam, Argentina and England.

The Associated Press reports that Toyota has decided to end operations at the New United Motor Manufacturing Plant in Northern California, where the Toyota Tacoma midsize pickup truck is produced. The Tacoma is the best selling truck in its segment.

Tacoma production is expected to move to Toyota's truck plant in San Antonio, Texas, where the Tundra full-size truck is currently built. Tacomas are also assembled at a Toyota factory in Tijuana, Mexico.

And Mr. Toyota lives right next door to your Chinese fisherman. Keep the profits in your own country! Your right, I can be an idiot at times but at least I'm not stupid! Now get back to work, millions of Chinese are counting on you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom