Smoky Fried Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
I saw this at the TVWB website and thought it sounded good. Instead of firin up the WSM for a few wings I figure I'd cook the wings indirect on the Performer. I had some apple wood chips layin around so I added those on top of the coals for a nice smoky flavor.

Rev Marvins Mustard with Plowboys Yardbird Rub. Ready for the grill

Pulled off the grill ready for the deep fry

Didn't feel like pullin out the Wing It fryer I just added oil to a pot and let 'er rip

Out of the oil and into the sauce. I picked up the Budweiser Wing sauce just to give it a try and it was really good.

Looks like a steamy spirit from the netherworld tryin to get it's hands on my wings

Phew, ok it passed without a wing missing :LOL: I would say it didn't take long at all to whip these babies up. There was a great mix of flavors including smoky and grilled. The deep fry tightened up the skin and made it edible. Very good! Would suggest doing them come Superbowl time!

Great job Dan! Great minds think alike, I fried wings too yesterday and used the Budweiser Mild Wing Sauce too and thought it was delicious!

Larry Wolfe said:
Great job Dan! Great minds think alike, I fried wings too yesterday and used the Budweiser Mild Wing Sauce too and thought it was delicious!

Out of the three sauces Budweiser came out with...they got the wing sauce right, it is real good.

Burnt Food Dude said:
Looks great! How long in the smoke? fryer?

BFD, these were strictly indirect for about 20 minutes. I didn't have a hot fire and they were smaller than I've usually seen, especially the wings. Some of the drummies were smaller than usual. After that I fried them for no longer than 2 minutes.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":12g2m9vz]Great job Dan! Great minds think alike, I fried wings too yesterday and used the Budweiser Mild Wing Sauce too and thought it was delicious!

Out of the three sauces Budweiser came out with...they got the wing sauce right, it is real good.[/quote:12g2m9vz]

Never thought twice about pickin up any of the Budweiser sauces but when I saw this and it was on sale I thought I'd give it a shot. And it is good. It's got some nice heat to it. Not too much where you feel it the next morning :shock: :D

SteerCrazy said:
Burnt Food Dude said:
Looks great! How long in the smoke? fryer?

BFD, these were strictly indirect for about 20 minutes. I didn't have a hot fire and they were smaller than I've usually seen, especially the wings. Some of the drummies were smaller than usual. After that I fried them for no longer than 2 minutes.

[quote="Bruce B":168a8sew][quote="Larry Wolfe":168a8sew]Great job Dan! Great minds think alike, I fried wings too yesterday and used the Budweiser Mild Wing Sauce too and thought it was delicious!

Out of the three sauces Budweiser came out with...they got the wing sauce right, it is real good.[/quote:168a8sew]

Never thought twice about pickin up any of the Budweiser sauces but when I saw this and it was on sale I thought I'd give it a shot. And it is good. It's got some nice heat to it. Not too much where you feel it the next morning :shock: :D[/quote:168a8sew]

I used the Minion Ring of Fire Method, "yogurt" on the heat source!

Back
Top Bottom