smoking on a Kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
muddave said:
Is it possible to do light smoking on a Weber Kettle? Like ribs, whole chickens ect. Thanks Dave

What I do is cook with indirect heat; the coals on one side with a a few chunks of wood (or, I've even used chips), then put the meat on the other side. Or, for whole chickens I divide the coals and wood on two sides, put a foil pan in between and pour in a couple bottles of beer, put the grate on top and cook the chicken on the grate over the pan. You can smoke beef roasts, lamb, ribs....... You might want to brown the meats over the direct heat for a bit first, then cook/smoke over the indirect heat.
For the smaller stuff, like burgers, cut up chicken, sausages..... just throw some wood chunks or chips on the coals and grill like usual.

Hope that helps...

muddave said:
Thanks for all the good info, this helps alot. Dave

Dave, you will find out sooner than later that this board has a HUGE wealth of info. I credit this forum for everything i've learned. Ask any question and usually within a half an hour you'll have a response.

I think the best pork shoulder I've ever done was in my Weber kettle grill, it's a versatile piece of hardware for sure.

Anything you can cook on a WSM, you can cook on a kettle. No matter what the 'Real' Captain invented!

Back
Top Bottom