Small gas grill conversion ideas needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Div

Senior Cook
Basically looking to turn this into a small charcoal grill for just a 1-2 steak deal ...Got some grill paint to give her a fresh coat .. im going to call her Lilly cause shes just a lil grill ....im not sure if u can tell by the picture that its leaning to the left quite a bit and I looked at the bolt down below and im not sure it can be tightened to str8en her out or not ....... I was thinking about mabye taking the grill off by the post and dumping a few bags of quick dry cement into like a home depot bucket and setting it in there ...also looking for some ideas on cleaning out the what looks like 10 years of gunk off the inside of this baby...

Any ideas would be great...

coal1.jpg

coal2.jpg

coal3.jpg

coal4.jpg

If you have a welding machine, You could weld some 1in angle iron braces from the base to the tube at 45 deg angles.

Home depot sells angle iron & they sell expanded metal, that could be used for a charcoal/fire tray. I would buy the thickest gauge they have.

I have a old cast aluminum pit simular in size & shape to yours but its not gas. It was sold new as a charcoal pit
It gets very hot at cooking grate level even with the charcoal grate as low as it will go. So don't worry about making an ajustable coal grate.

the grates I can get done pretty easily ...right now im concerned about making it stand up str8,,,cleaning and painting it... as far as welding I dont have one ....I can get something welded for free if I need it but the guy isnt very good at it.... :shock:

Back
Top Bottom