Shopping for a Gasser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backyardbbq

Senior Cook
I work for a fire department that is currently in the market for a commercial grade natural gas grill. It will need to be large enough to feed 7-10 guys, sturdy enough for daily use, and as low maintence as possible. We have formed a committee and I'm in charge. So what I am asking is what brands should I be considering?

Bob In Fla. said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Why Gas? There should be plenty of available charcoal in your line of work.

But yeaaaah.... Weber.
:? :? :? :?
That's a pretty nice looking UDS in his avatar...just sayin'

BOB

I was thinkin' the same thing.

Might need a gasser for the "Speedy cooking" in between calls. :)

Don't the Performers have a propane hook up or is that for lighting coals? (understanding he said gas)

Sorry for the delayed response. But yeah we generally use gas at the station out of pure convenience and laziness I guess. I prefer using lump my self, but my gasser at home gets a fair workout due to how easy it is to fire up. I want a Weber at the station, as it's what I have at home for both charcoal and gas and love them both. Not to mention that once you into the Genesis and up their practically built like a tank.

Oh and thanks for the compliments on my UDS. That's the first one I've done and I am planning on a second to maybe to a BBQ Comp sometime next year.

backyardbbq said:
Sorry for the delayed response. But yeah we generally use gas at the station out of pure convenience and laziness I guess. I prefer using lump my self, but my gasser at home gets a fair workout due to how easy it is to fire up. I want a Weber at the station, as it's what I have at home for both charcoal and gas and love them both. Not to mention that once you into the Genesis and up their practically built like a tank.

Oh and thanks for the compliments on my UDS. That's the first one I've done and I am planning on a second to maybe to a BBQ Comp sometime next year.

I just briefly checked out your blog spot. I love the corn in the tacos. I'm makin' flank steak tacos tonight and I think i'll be puttin' corn in a couple! thnaks. db

off to the blue room now to complain. :D

dollarbill said:
backyardbbq said:

I just briefly checked out your blog spot. I love the corn in the tacos. I'm makin' flank steak tacos tonight and I think i'll be puttin' corn in a couple! thnaks. db

off to the blue room now to complain. :D
Have you ever tried it with rib eye's instead of flank? Much better finished product!

Back
Top Bottom