Second Try at Vortex Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
My Sons of spring break and I don't have to go to work till tonight so we decided to have chicken wings for lunch.

Setup the Vortex with some mesquite lump.

This time I let the coals get nice and hot before I added the wings.
All but six were seasoned with Mad Hunky Chicken Whang!. The rest had Lawry's and black pepper.

Checked them a half hour later and they were already at 195. OOPS!! This vortex cranks out some heat!!!

Tossed the six in some melted butter and Franks Hot sauce. The blue container I used to toss them in gave them a funky color.

While the wings were resting fried up some tater tots

Lunch is served!! This Vortex is awesome, it cooks really fast and hot!!! Even though I overcooked the wings they still were very good and the skin was nice and crispy while the meat was still moist. Hopefully the third times the charm and I'll nail a chicken wing cook using this thing.

Looking mighty good. Neat idea on the Vortex. Could see it would be a good plan to use it. I have a big rectangular burn basket I use in the big pit. It has 4 solid sides and an expanded metal bottom. Really improves the cooking ability when going direct to semi direct in the upright.

Back
Top Bottom